Forever

Yuyan's POV

Nothing ever came. I braced myself expecting to feel some life threatening pain or something I don't know, but nothing was there.

I opened my eyes and saw Naruto lying on top of me, though not completely. My legs were between his, his arms were at my sides and my face was close to his. It was a bit awkward actually.

Wait, he protected me?

"Naruto you-"

"Are you okay?" he asked seemingly unfazed. Did he even get hurt?

"That's weird I didn't get hit even though I protected you," he got off me, but what I saw behind him was such a horrifying scene. My eyes widened and I felt my heart dropped a hundred floors.

"What is-" Naruto turned around and also took notice of what was before us.

"S-Sasuke?!" I shouted. There was a small puddle of blood below him, a plethora of needles in every part of his body.

"Dammit Sasuke I had it under control why did you protect me?!" Naruto shouted at him.

"Tsk," he turned his head around and his eyes met mine, I flinched when I saw how many scratches he had on his face, "because...to keep you safe...means that she'll be...happy."

Sasuke fell back, I pushed aside all the pain in my ribs and ran to catch him with Naruto. I grunted a little when we landed on our knees. "Let me heal you I'll-" I reached out my hand but Sasuke grabbed it and shook his head.

"Why?" tears failed to retain themselves in my eyes, "why would you do so much for me?! Why would you give up your life just so I could be happy?!" I gripped his hand tighter.

"Because...I....I love you."

My heart dropped a thousand more floors and my eyes widened, he held my hand a little tighter now, "I know I said... I'd stick around to find out what was wrong with you, but... I'm sorry I can't..."

"No! Sasuke come on you can pull through this please let me just heal you please!" He shook his head again and gave me a weak smile. "I want you to know...that I didn't find anything...you're just...perfect...so perfect."

I was shaking so violently now and tears were falling endlessly, my vision was totally blurred and I couldn't think straight or breath correctly because of all my sobbing. "Shh...don't cry Yuyan," he reached for my face with his shaking hand and wiped some of my tears, "there's no one worth these tears...especially not me."

"Naruto..." Sasuke turned to him, "swear you'll protect her...and...don't die."

"I swear on my life!" Naruto shouted, cringing his face as a couple of tear fell down his face.

His arm fell limp and his hand that was holding mine lost it's grip. His beautiful face was pale and his body was getting colder by the second.

"No Sasuke! No! Come on! You promised that we'd look out for each other you can't just go!" I cried out. "You can't go... I love you too," I lowered my forehead down to meet the cold metallic material of his forehead protector.

I was feeling so empty, so horribly distressed, my heart clenched and I felt like I couldn't even breathe anymore. I feel like my world was drifting far away and I was in a bottemless pit. My world wasn't shining anymore, not without Sasuke.

I looked up from Sasuke's body and saw Naruto's dreadful appearance, an evil chakra was emitting from his body. It sent chills throughout my body and gave me goosebumps. What was worst of all was his face, he looked like he could kill anything in his path, there was so much murderous intent and bloodlust in every breath. I began to shake and I held Sasuke's limp hand tighter hoping to feel some sort of safety and security that I always felt when I was with him.