The Chuunin Exams

Yuyan's POV

"I told you not to take it!"

"It's my decision!"

"That Gaara guy is going to be there, and so is that weird guy with the face paint! You're the one who said you felt like something bad was gonna happen so don't take it!"

"But I want to take it Sasuke!"

"Why do you want to take it so bad?!"

"Why wouldn't I?! I don't want to be a genin my whole life!"

"You're so stubborn just don't take the damn exam Yuyan!"

"Okay say I don't take it, what if something bad happens to you? Or to Naruto? Or even to Sakura?!"

"Don't worry about us we'll be fine! Naruto can handle himself and so can I, and we won't be stupid enough to let Sakura get hurt!"

"I'm not obligated to listen to you, I'm taking this exam."

I stomped away from him angrily and next to Naruto, we were currently on our way to the academy to turn in our applications for the chuunin exams. Sasuke had told me yesterday not to take it, I told him I would think about it but of course I didn't, I'm taking this exam anyways.

"Geez you two sure are arguing a lot today," Naruto teased.

"It's not my fault I just want to take the exam, he shouldn't be worried about me. I'm not weak or anything."

"I never said you were!" Sasuke shouted from behind. I turned around and glared at him, he raised an eyebrow at me, I just returned a pout to him, and he rolled his eyes.

"Man you guys can like read each other's minds or something. Hey Yu-chan! Can you tell what I'm thinking of huh?!"

"Ramen."

"Haha! Sasuke she can read my mind too!"

"You're always thinking of ramen dobe!"

"Sometimes I think about how pretty Yu-chan is!"

"Say that again and you won't live to eat another bowl of ramen ever again!" I sighed, these two never know when to quit it. They argued back and forth with me in between them, this often occurred.

I looked to Sakura who strangely hasn't said a thing the whole way over here, I could tell there was something wrong with her. She looked back at me and for once didn't scowl or look away, she actually smiled.

"Umm, you okay Sakura?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." The two continued to fight, for some reason they were arguing about about how many birds just passed by. They literally argue about everything why can't they just get along like they did when we were returning from the Land of the Waves?!

They finally stopped arguing once we reached the academy. Now they just wouldn't make any eye contact, stubborn boys.

When we reached the hallway, I saw a boy kick a girl straight across the face. They wouldn't let people pass through the door, which was actually the wrong door, why didn't anyone notice the genjutsu?

I ran to the girl and helped her up, "hey are you alright?" she grunted and nodded. "You don't just go around kicking people in the face! And drop the genjutsu already! You noticed it too, right Sakura?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, you're analytical ability and genjutsu know-how is the best improved on our team," it made me happy to see Sasuke actually complimenting others.