Part 11

I woke up to a whining Atiya who wanted attention. I get up deciding I wasn't going today knowing I'll miss a ton but my daughter needed me. I grab all our stuff and we were now on for a ride around again.

My manager understood my baby was sick so he left me a week off working. So in reality I had a week to think of an idea. Bee sent me some texts saying I should really come back and sorry but I rather figure my shit out alone. I hated that I depended on people so much at this point.

I was now on a babysitting website, how am I going to leave her with a stranger?!

Although I didn't really like my dad side of the family, I did like one of my cousins, Pedro.

Sadly he's gone, he's dead. Andddd I don't got a mom technically at the moment. I missed Pedro so much and then it all clicked and I found myself back at where we used to hang.

8:54pm

"Yeah we gotchu Henny, you family" Derik smiles.

Derik and Pedro were the closes but we're the worst pair. They sold so much drugs around here. Trust and believe they had all they wanted though.

No and no, I was not selling but Derik was taking care of her for a while until I got my shit figured out. I showed up to my class an hour late but I wasn't questioned.

Thank God I only had one class. I know what your thinking how? So when I was homeschooled I did more then I needed to and I did it all right. So basically I was way ahead but I wasn't so much in Health careers class because I wouldn't show up to class at times. So I only had this class to finish.

I was so close to all I wanted.

Class was over and I was back alone in my car now. Just one more month and I was off to college and I knew I would be back on track after high school.

I was at Derik place and weirdly it was quiet. Once I knock I see Derik and Atiya both smiling.

"Why's it quiet" I ask and he explains he didn't want his guys near the baby that was precious. So he made them all go to the other crib.

"How many months is she" He ask

"She's just three weeks" I answer

"Really damn she already trying to crawl, kind of reminds me how Pedro was yknow" he smiles looking away.

"Yeah just how he tried things without knowing what he was doing" I laugh softly and he nods.

"I miss him yo" he sighs and I agree.

A month and 2 weeks

I was done with school but o gosh College was killing me. Thankfully Derik has been a big help! Handro messages asking how Atiya is but I can't take myself to answer.

Bee calls everyday but our conversations each time gets smaller. I was so happy on how UCLA accepted ME.

Money has been tough and work hasn't really helped so much and I been so overwhelmed. My health isn't any better but it's easier to control now that I understand my body a bit more.

I have became so desperate for more jobs that I barely spend any time with Atiya and it's killing me. These books are no joke, cost a bunch!

"Derik"

"Hmm"

"Um you still sell" I ask and he frowns putting Atiya down to crawl around free.

"Why" he questions.

"I need some cash and well I was wonder-"

"No"

"But"