Summer Break 1

"But why can't I just stay here for the next three months?" I rolled out of bed. 

"You know that I can't take you with me on my business trip this summer." My mom said for the billionth time this week alone. 

"So, I am perfectly capable of staying here by myself" I replied "I can see it now, cuddling in my bed with some lemonade and a good book!"

"For the whole three months of summer break? Sorry but no." She crossed her arms as she leaned on my bedroom door, "You are going to California and staying with your brother."

I grunted in annoyance.

"You need to get out more, live, and have adventures." My mom stated.

"Maybe that's true but can't I just live an adventure right here in the comfort of my own home?"

She rolled her eyes "Hurry up and get ready I'm going to drop you off at the airport in one hour." My mom hollered as she went downstairs to make me some breakfast.

Allow me to catch you up. My mom goes on these business trips every summer and I always get to tag along but not this summer because she isn't allowed to bring a guest, so instead of my lovely mother letting me enjoy my summer at home she is making me go cross country and stay with my twenty year old brother and enjoy my summer in California. What an adventure right? Note the sarcasm.

I quickly opened my blinds and saw that the sun was barely peaking through the mountains. I made my bed and I went straight into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Than I put on my already picked out outfit which consisted of my black Nike hoodie, sweatpants, and black running shoes. I returned back into the bathroom and tied my medium sized wavy blonde hair into a ponytail then ran downstairs to eat breakfast. Mornings for me are always a breeze. Best time of the day!!

"Okay your usual...toast with butter, two scrambled eggs, a side of mixed berries and cranberry juice." My mom said placing the plate in front of me.

"Thanks mom" I said putting a shitload of food into my mouth.

I know what your thinking...this girl is super weird. Your probaby right. I'm not like most 18 year old girls. I'm painstakingly shy, crazy healthy, and not your typical teenage girl.

After breakfast I went back downstairs into my room and grabbed my carry on backpack and my black suitcase which consisted of mainly black skinny jeans, basic airy tee shirts, converse, working out clothing, and my running shoes which holy shit I need some new ones by the way.

***

I've been to the airport many times but never alone, always with my mom and frankly I was scared to say the least, (I wanted to shit my pants).

My mom handed me my suitcase "Okay have a safe trip. Please call me once you get into your brothers home. Be safe. I love you so much."

"I will mom and I love you too" I said holding my carry on bag. We had a long embrace than she got into her car and waited for me to go inside before she left.

I know that the first thing I have to do is check into my flight so I immediatly do that. The lady also checked in my large suitcase and not so gently throws it onto the conveyer belt behind her. She gives me my boarding pass and I examine it. My terminal is D49. Great with my luck I get a terminal located in the far end of the airport. 

"Thank you" I tell the lady before scurrying off.

First I have to go through damn security which I hate because it is so unorganized and it's always such a hassle thank god I'm not flying internationally.