Summer Break 15

Sunday

I played with Mr. Compadre most of the morning. Today is the day we go back after three days of camping. We were all packed to go back by four p.m.

"You ready to climb up Daniella?" Elliot asked by my side

"Ready as I'll ever be" I inhaled deeply

"You'll be fine" He playfully hit my shoulder.

***

"Home sweet home!" Hunter dropped all the bags and ran straight for the sofa! That's exactly what I wanted to do. We were all pretty tired. Even Mr. Compadre layers in the floor and scratched his back on the hardwood floor. I groggily walked up the stairs and fell straight on my bed!

"Daniella" I heard a whisper. "Daniella" someone poked my side.

"Yes?" I slowly open my eyes from my peaceful sleep.

"Your so adorable!" Rider is leaning over me shirtless. He caresses my cheeks.

I smile and blush at his comment. I rub my eyes and allowed my eyes to adjust to the light.

"We found this letter in the mail addressed to you and Alex from your mother"

"Thank you Rider!" I took the letter from his large hand. "What time is it?"

"It's almost midnight! As soon as we got home you hit the sack! anyways l'll give you some privacy. If your hungry come downstairs I saved you some pizza!" Rider kissed my forehead before leaving. I quickly opened the letter and read it thoroughly. After reading the letter I grab the house phone from the bed side table and dial Alex's phone number.

"Hey!! What goes on sis!!" Alex yelled into the phone. I could barley here anything the music in the background was blaring.

"Alex? Are you at a club?" Why am I not surprised!

"I gotta live a little!!"

"Yeah well mom sent a letter. You know if you were actually here you might have..." I started

"Save the lecture for another time sis"

"Anyways she says she is doing fine and blah blah blah talks about here trip and she says she hopes that we are doing okay!" I said

"Well are you doing okay!?" Alex asks.

"Yeah I'm just fine!" I said

"Because if your not I can buy a plane ticket and i'll be there by tomorrow" Alex says

"Well when you put it that way..." I laugh

"Seriously is everything alright!?" Alex asked

"Yes everything is alright. You can't blame me wanting to spend time with you!"

"I know! I wish I were there too" Alex said. I could here a girl's voice talking to him. It's probably his girlfriend.

"You gotta go?" I asked him

"Yeah, but I'll call you!" Alex said

"Okay!" I said

"Oh and before I forget tell Hunter I said good luck on his boxing match on Tuesday and tell him to be safe!" Alex said

Alex hung up before I could get the words "Boxing match?" out

I put on my shorts and ran downstairs into the screen room. I grabbed a slice of pizza and sat next to Hunter.

"So boxing!?" I stated but asked all at the same time.

"Ohh yeah I have a match tomorrow!" Hunter shrugged it off like it was no big deal.