Quirkless.................. Not

Italicized - Thoughts

Bold - Flashback

Default - Normal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A month have passed since the first day at the daycare or first day of bullying in Katsuki's words. The two are usually alone for two reasons; Tsubasa being a bully and Katsuki shooing away people who wants to play with him, just him. Katsuki knows that whenever someone comes closer to them who says that they want to play with them, they mean that they want HIM to play with THEM instead and ditch HIS Deku aside. That's why Katsuki always drag her to the most isolated spot on the daycare for them to cuddle or play.

'They don't deserve me nor Deku's attention. They're just a bunch of stupid extras.' These kind of thoughts always runs inside his head and he swore another oath but to himself. 'I'll never leave Deku's side. All I need is Deku. No one else. All of them are extras. I'll stay only with Deku.'

Izuku isn't dumb, nor an idiot. She knows that the other kids want to play with her Kacchan and they're free to do it wheneve they like, but only him. Not with her. Never with her. She's just a quiet and timid girl. Not to mention she's shy. And after Tsubasa and the other kids says that she's useless and weak, she just can't help but agree with them.

'I'm weak. I'm just a useless deku. Kacchan is lying....'

No he's not

'Kacchan's gonna leave me because I'm a girl and a weak one.'

He'll never

'Kacchan will avoid me just like the others would.'

He haven't even thought about that

'Kacchan would hate me.....'

She curled up and brought her forehead on top of her knees.

'Kacchan. please don't leave me....'

She felt a familiar warmth embrace her.

'Kacchan.'

"Deku are you crying? Don't cry. I'm here. I won't leave you." She heard him said.

"Kacchan won't leave me right? Kacchan won't avoid me right?" She asked, lifting her head up and looked at him with glossy and pleading eyes

"Don't be stupid Deku! I promised that I won't leave you and I never lie. Just please, I don't like seeing Deku cry." He said pleading

"Then why do you keep calling me Deku, Kacchan? Does Kacchan think I'm useless too? Will Kacchan leave me because I'm a girl? Will Kacchan also bully me because I'm weak?"

"I know Kacchan never lies, but what if Tusbasa is right? What if I'm really a useless deku, just a weak girl? Will Kacchan avoid me just like the others do?"

Kacchan then hugged her, making Izuku's held back tears burst. Izuku cried on her Kacchan's shoulder. Clutching at the back of his tunic with her small hands. "Kacchan won't leave me right? Please don't leave me Kacchan." Her voice and sobs muffled by the cloth. Katsuki pats her back, the only way he knows to comfort her.

"That's right Deku. I won't leave you. And Deku is your nickname made by me so you should be grateful because that means your mine." And for the first time that morning, he heard her snort a little and that's good for him.

He let go from the hug but held her hand instead. "Now come on, let's play outside. Let's see who will swing higher!" Izuku wiped her wet eyes on her sleeves then nodded to her Kacchan in agreement with a smile.

Days passed, nearing to Katsuki's 4th birthday. Then one day, Katsuki got his quirk.

He was playing with his Deku as usual when he felt a sudden itch in his hands, when suddenly.

*pop**pop**pop**pop* Pops can be heard coming from Katsuki's palms. Just like how a small firecracker when lit. He tried doing it again and it's not really just his imagination.

"Kacchan! You got your quirk!" As Izuku's words leave her mouth, the kids and the two caretakers gathered around him showering him with wows and awe praises. The adults are praising him, the other kids are praising him, but mostly, Izuku is praising him. His Deku is praising him.

Her beautiful sparkling emerald green orbs with excitement visible to it. Her bright smile that lights up the room for him. Her happy and cute expression that was taken away with tears because of the bullies. Finally it was back. All because of his quirk.

'This is awesome. This is great. I love my quirk. It makes Deku happy!'

"It so awesome Kacchan! I wish my quirk will be as cool as yours!"

"Of course it would be! And if you don't have one, I'll be your hero and protect you!" He said with oozing confidence.

"But Kacchan, you're already my hero!" Izuku said that made Katsuki blush

"Next to All Might of course!" Izuku added. Katsuki's ear twitched after hearing this with jealousy for the number one hero bubbling inside him.

"I will be the number one hero! I'll beat All Might then be the number one hero! Remember that Deku!" Katsuki blurted out. Izuku just giggled at him then turned to laugh.

'Hmp! I'll beat All Might and be Deku's number one hero!'

Yeah, he just found his new motivation in life.

Days after days. Their small classroom is slowly filled with the excitement of their quirks being manifested. Until only one of them haven't yet.

"When will you get your quirk huh you useless Deku?" Tsubasa teases her again

"She'll have her quirk soon! She just turned 4 so don't pressure her and shut up! Also, don't call her Deku!" Katsuki said with his hand, creating small explosions, scaring Tsubasa and the other kids away. Katsuki turned to his Deku with her head down and held both of her hands.

"Don't listen to them. You'll get your quirk soon so don't worry." Izuku looked up to him. "Are you sure?" Katsuki then grinned. "Of course!"

Their caretaker brought them outside the room to play at the small playground. They were playing at the sandbox, having a competition to see who'll make the better sand castle when suddenly, Tsubasa pushed Deku in the sand, making her fall face first at the sand.

Yeah Katsuki had have enough with him. He tackled him and held him ground.

"What's your problem!! Don't you know what piss off meant you stupid extra?!!" Katsuki growled at him, burning holes on him. Hand twitching from holding back to use his explosion to blow this kid who always bully his Deku. Tsubasa rolled them, making him on top.

"What's my problem? My problem is that quirkless deku you're always with!! Why can't you just ditch her and play with us! She's useless anyway and being quirkless just adds it!!!"

"She's-!" Before he can even finish his comeback, the ground slightly shook.

"GET OFF HIM!!!" They turned to the source of the war cry and there stood the most unbelievable sight Katsuki have seen. His Deku stood there with her head down, but that's not what got his attention, rather, it was the small flames on the tips of her soft curls and both of her clenched fists, the ground beneath her formed some cracks, sand circulates her feet, and small droplets of water floating around her.

She raised her head then glared at Tsubasa

"I'M NOT QUIRKLESS!!"