Chapter 18

"Your lying." I accuse Matt. A couple days later after my confession I went to the office to find out when I was leaving. But Matt gives me this story instead.

"I wish I was sweetheart." he says.

"Your lying to keep me here." I accuse.

"No I'm not pumpkin." he sighs. I really shouldn't be accusing him of anything.

"Then why are you telling me this now. Why not a few days ago or when it happen?" I ask him.

"Because I've just now found out about it."

"Well I'm still going. I'll stay with Dr. Williams."

"That's the other thing."

"What now?" I say thru gritted teeth.

"She's missing."

"How did you not know any of this?" I ask shocked.

"Because the guy that's suppose to be giving me updates is dead to and I couldn't get ahold of anyone else." he answers.

See when we left we keep ten people there. Well not kept them there they wanted to stay.

They were suppose to stay there and keep an eye in everything in hopes of the rouges seeing us gone they would back off. And Matt would keep the younger ones safe here. Apparently not the case and some guy was suppose to keep Matt informed but has been M.I.A the last several days.

Apparently the rouges have decided to step up there game and take everyone they could find out. So far they have killed the man I call uncle Devon. Kidnapped Dr. Williams and killed the guy that was suppose to inform Matt of what's happening. I guess we kinda figured it was a long shot hoping they would go away once they saw just a little group. But we could hope couldn't we? Now I'm stuck here with all these people.

"Now what?" I ask.

"Well Chris and I have been talking." he starts but stops himself.

"And." I encourage. He looks at Chris.

"One of two things could happen." he does it again.

"And."

"Well we could just stay here and become part of this pack or since we are a very small pack now Chris has offered to let us build ourselves a pack house and use their land." he tells me.

"What does Addy say about this?" I ask cocking an eyebrow.

"He's up for the second option."

"I'm with him on that one."

"Hey what's wrong with my pack?" Chris ask me offended. I raise my eyebrow higher. "Point taking but they have gotten better haven't they?" he ask.

"I suppose so." and it's true they have since I've been here. Everyone gets along great, no bullying except for one or two people. They don't treat just one person like crap. So yeah they've gotten better.

"But it's still hard for you to be here?"

"Right." I answer truthfully. He nods sighing.

"So we build house." he chirps.

"I guess so." Matt says.

"I got the perfect spot. Tori you'll love it. It's got a small well actually big pond so you guys can go swimming in it." he tells me. I nod and okay. "Actually why don't we go see it tomorrow and make a day of it. You kids can swim for the day." he chirps. I just nod again.

"Sounds great." Matt chirps.

If you haven't noticed I'm ignoring Vince. He has tried to talk to me but I still ignore him. I've heard him cuss and punch walls every time I left a room. I don't have anything to say to him. I get up and start walking out the door.

"Tori." Vince calls but I just keep walking.

"Vince leave her alone. Don't you think you've done enough?" Chris ask.

"No. She's not going to keep walking away from me dad. She's my mate." I just shake my head no that's when I hear the chair move.

"Run." Matt tells me. And I do. I slam the door shut and make a mad dash for me room. But I was to slow. When I make it to my room and slam my door shut Vince stops it with his whole body.

"No Tori your not walking away from me anymore!" he growls at me.

"Leave Vincent." I say backing away.

"No we are going to talk about this." he stays stalking towards me.

"No there's nothing to talk about." I say as I hit the bed and sit down.

"Oh there's a lot to talk about." he says kneeling in front of me. I just shake head no.

The next thing I know he's hugging me putting his face in my stomach and cries. I just froze. Vince is not a hugger or a cryer. I didn't know what to do. So I just sat there.

"I'm so sorry Tori. So sorry please let me save you please." he pleads whispering.

"No I don't want you saving me because you feel sorry for

me." I huff. Well that's not the only reason. How am I suppose to have sex?

"I don't want to mark you because I feel sorry for you. I want to mark you because I love you." he cries. I froze again. Did he just say he...he loves me? Nuh uh. No way in heck did he just say that to me.

"No you don't Vincent. You don't love anybody but yourself." I tell him. He lifts his head up shaking it. Oh my god he actually has tears in his eyes. I almost feel bad. I did say almost.

"No it's not true." he says. I cock an eyebrow not believing it. "Okay maybe it's a little true but I do love other people and I do love you. Always have Tori." He tells me

"Bullshit." I blurt out cutting him off. He keeps one arm around and cups my face with the other.

"It's true Tori. Even before I found out we were mates I had a crush on you. It wasn't for your looks either. Trust me you weren't much to look at back then." he says honestly. I didn't take offense to it because it's true...I wasn't. "But you were smart and thoughtful, kind and caring. I just wanted you to toughen up. I know I was wrong and stupid of me but I figured if I let people pick on you, you would toughen up. And when I found out we were mates I let it continue. I didn't want you to runaway Tori. I was devastated when you did. I went searching for you. Then I stopped. I figured maybe she needs to do this. It will toughen her up but I was wrong Tori so wrong. I'm so sorry. But if I think about Tori you are strong and tough. We've survived years of abuse from your pack and family. You survived being." he gulps. "You know." he whispers. He clears his throat. "You survived two years of me screwing around. You survived knowing you have cancer and damn it Tori your going to survive cancer. Please I'm so sorry. I love you. I'm in love with you. I truly am." he says. I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say.

I know I should of asked a lot of questions cussed him out anything and everything but I didn't. I couldn't really think.

"Then prove it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.