Chapter 36

I stayed that way for three days. Vince would fix me a cool bath, get me out of bed and set me in it and wash my body and hair for me. While he did that someone would change the sheets because I was sweating so much. And the doctor said a cool bath might help with my sweating but he didn't want me to get completely cooled off. That I needed to sweat it off.

Addy, Amy, Brandon, Ryder and Sammy stayed in the room with us pretty much the whole time. Unless it was to eat or sleep. Matt, Chris, Angel and grandma came to visit off and on. Apparently the guys all taken a liking to Sammy and cared for her for us. Since I couldn't and Vince was taking care of me. I tried to eat but puked it up every time I did so I gave up.

Now I'm all better and Chris and Matt called me Vince, Addy, and Brandon into the office. Why I don't know.

"Okay I've got a story to tell." Matt says pacing. "And I don't want anyone to get mad until I'm finish." he says looking up at us. We all nod and he sighs. "Twenty years ago I met this amazing women and I really thought she was my true soulmate. We started to seeing each other. Everyday. We'd go on walks, I'd take her on dates. You know the couples thing. She was a wolf to and knew all about us. Well a year and some odd months later things were really serious. So I asked her if I could fully mate her. She said yes and we made love on a full moon and I marked her. What I didn't know is she already had a boyfriend. And a true soulmate. I was young and the prospect of this amazing women being my true soulmate clouded my judgment."

"Well we found out she was pregnant. She finally came clean. She told me she already had a true soulmate and the baby was his. I was young at the time and I didn't know any better. I bought it and left her alone. You guys know the difference between true soulmates and mates? True soulmates are your destined one. Mates our someone you pick. Well days later after I left her alone I meet Adrian's mother. She was lonely I was lonely. Don't get mad Adrain I loved your mother very much and I was stupid." he says quickly. Addy says nothing just nods. "Well you also know that the only way you can fully unmate your mate both of you have to get fully mated to another mate or true mate?" some of this is news to me.

"Anyway. I met Adrian's mother. Well we fully mated a couple of months after we met. She became pregnant with Adrian. Of course I knew he was mine and no one else. So I was ecstatic. We were happy. Your mother knew about this other women before her and was fine with it. Well after Adrian was born I ran into said women. When I did the bond was still there. She hadn't got fully mated yet and I slept with her. A couple of months later I ran into her again. And she was pregnant. Again she told me it wasn't mine. Being young and stupid I believed it and just walked away that time. I told Vivian. She knew all about it. She understood. The attraction and love was still there. Until the other women broke the bond it would be. Well some time later I ran into her again. Well you know what happen. Afterwards I begged and pleaded for her to break the bond. I couldn't keep doing that to Vivian. I loved her dearly. And all because of a stupid bond I cheated on her. I hated it. I wanted that bond broken. She told me she would do it. So I left it at that. I went home and told Vivian. Once again she understood. God I loved that women. She was always the first one to understand and forgive.

"Well to make a long story short it happen two more times. Vivian understood and forgave me each time. I'm not sure when it was but I ran into her again. She was with some guy I didn't pay much attention too. All I knew was he was a wolf. And one look and I knew the bond was broken. There was no love, no attraction, no lust. Nothing. We did talk for a while, while the guy went and did his own thing. She told me she had three wonderful kids the oldest being three next one was two and one and one was just born and she was happy. I didn't think anything of it at the time so I congratulated her I told her about Addy and Vivian and we went our separate ways. I never saw her again. When Addy was ten Vivian and I were attacked. We were alone spending the night out. I was caught off guard. It was my fault she died. If I hadn't let my guard down she would still be alive. We were attacked by twenty rouges. We were out numbered. I tried to get her to run but she wouldn't. She said if her mate was going to die so was she. I yelled and yelled at her to leave but she wouldn't go.