Chapter 3

I hope you guys are all enjoying this books so far! More (interesting) chapters will be coming really soon!

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

I walk through the hallways to my locker, like the same after school routine every day. While I'm turning the combination to my lock, two of my favourite people in the world call out to me, Brooke and Lea.

"Chrissy! Hiiiiii!" Lea calls out to me as they get to my locker.

Brooke and Lea are my best friends. The three of us have known each other since freshman year. I remember we were paired up as partners to work on a project and everything just clicked. I guess you can say it's destiny that brings us together.

"What. Good God. What are you wearing?" Brooke says. Judging by the look she gives me, she isn't a fan of the shirt.

"Someone spilled coffee on me," I chuckle.

"Do I need to go beat this person up?" Brooke says while tucking her long blonde hair behind her ears and crossing her arms. She gives me that look with her blue eyes. The look that all parents have when they need to complain with a teacher about her child's grades. She might as well become my school mom.

"No! No need," I shake my head.

"Because you already did?" Lea says, hopping like a little child. You can tell this girl just had some sugar. Every time she hops, her brown hair flows up and down. Her blue eyes glisten from the light like when a dog gives you those puppy-eyes no one can resist from.

"No!" I laugh. "There will be no fighting."

"Dang," Brooke frowns a little.

"Good. I didn't want to fight anyway," Lea says while looking at Brooke.

They are like the complete opposites of each other. Sometimes I even wonder how these two are friends from all the little, useless fights they have.

"Oh yeah! Are you going to the party tonight?" Lea asks.

"Yeah, I'm going," I reply.

"Can you believe that," Brooke looks at me. "Chrissy Knight, the quiet one of them all, is going to a party for once in her life," she laughs.

"Our baby girl is growing up!" Lea exclaims.

"It's not that big of a deal," I chuckle.

"Chrissy, do you think your parents will allow us to go to your house today before the party?" Lea asks. Brooke and Lea always love visiting my house, especially Lea.

"My parents are coming back next week so yeah. Feel free to come." I give an assuring smile.

"Yes!" Lea does her little victory dance while Brooke nudges her in embarrassment and slowly drags her away. "We'll see you later!"

-------------------------

I walk outside to the parking lot of the school, almost getting sandwiched between the crowds of people standing at the entrance. I spot a white Toyota car in the far right side of the lot. My brother is leaning against his car, talking to a girl. By the look on his face, he was bored to death. I see him glance over at me while I'm walking towards them. He must have said something bad to her because she glares at me before leaving.

My brother sighs. "Hey sis."

"You really hit it off with that girl huh?" I chuckle.

"Haha very funny," he says in a sarcastic tone. My brother is one of those 6'2", muscular, football players that almost every girl throws themselves at. He has brown hair and brown eyes just like me.

"Hey, what's with the oversized shirt?" He says, as we get in his car.

"It's nothing, some guy spilled coffee on me."

"Guy?" He lifts up an eyebrow, starts up the car, and pulls out of the parking lot. I can see him stiffen up a little.

"Yeah. So he gave me a spare shirt he had."

"HE gave YOU his SHIRT?" He says, emphasizing the nouns in the sentence.

My brother is a very protective person, especially when it comes to me. Since my parents are usually on business trips, we count on each other a lot; which means, being really protective over each other. Even though my parents aren't always home, they are still very strict with rules.

"Yes Austin, HE gave ME his SHIRT. Don't worry, nothing really happened after that," I assure him.

"Good."

"Are you going to the party tonight?" I ask him.

"Of course. Why?" Austin loves partying. It's like his hobby.

"Can Brooke, Lea, and I tag along? Maybe get a ride?"

"WHOA, whoa. Since when do you go to parties?"

"I don't, but I already told Caitlin I'm going."

"I guess I can drive you girls. I'm driving Scott too though."

Scott is one of my brother's best friends. We've gotten much closer throughout the years.

Austin makes a right turn and far away I see out big lightly brown coloured house. I see a car parked in front of it. "Is mom and dad supposed to be home? I thought they were coming back next week," I say to Austin, confused.

"I guess they're home early."

My dad owns a big company in the area and other countries and my mom is studying in the fashion industry. They're both constantly at different places so it's always a special occasion when they come home.

Austin parks the car in front of the house. We both sprint for the door due to the cold air trying to freeze us to death. I take out my keys and quickly open the door with Austin following up behind me. Instantly, I feel the warm air embrace me. Home sweet home. "Mom? Dad?" Austin calls out.

"Austin! Christina!" My mom says as she greets us with my dad. It's been far too long since I've seen them.