Chapter 9

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

My alarm goes off and I hesitate to close it, knowing I'm probably going to fall back asleep.

"Turn that thing off." I hear a deep, husky voice say beside me.

I'm immediately awake and I turn around to where the sound came from. There in my bed, I see a shirtless Noah slightly irritated by the alarm. I scream, freaking out. WHY IS HE HERE?! This scares Noah, causing him to fall out of my bed. "What are you doing here!?!"

He groans and stands up. "I was too tired to drive home last night," he says as he rubs his eyes and stretch. I turn off my alarm.

"It was like 8 when we finished cleaning up after the dinner. How were you so tired that you couldn't even drive home?"

"Being around you is tiring." He sighs.

For some reason, I can't stop my eyes from drifting down to look at his nicely built body. "You know, if you take a picture, it'll last longer," he grins in amusement as my face turns red.

I climb out of bed to try and stop myself from staring.

"Nice shorts." I hear and that's when I realise I'm wearing my dog printed shorts.

"They're comfortable!" I yell and he laughs.

"Also, who uses an alarm on Saturdays?"

I roll my eyes. "Me. I do. You got a problem?"

He laughs. "No no. No problem with that. You keep doing you princess." He winks at me which makes my heart pound at me. I don't know why it's doing that. "I'm gonna go make breakfast for you," he says before putting on his shirt from yesterday. I hand him one of my oversized t-shirts instead since he wore that one already. Instead of a 'thank you,' Noah throws his t-shirt at my face. "No more staring for you," he says and chuckles before I hear him leave. When I remove his shirt from my face, there's a lingering smell of Noah. I can't help but want to smell it more. Oh my gosh I'm a creep. I'm a legit creep. My mind wonders what it would be like if I wore his shirt. I can't just wear his shirt...but...if he doesn't find out... Yes, I'll just change later. No one will know.

Being too tired to care, I replace the t-shirt I'm wearing with his. Men have such comfortable shirts.

----------------------------------

"I told you. I'm not playing." Noah kisses me. His minty lips linger against mine before he pulls away, leaving me craving for another one as he stares into my eyes. I'm in love with this feeling. Noah's scent. His beautiful, deep eyes. His hair...

I jump awake. What was I just dreaming of!? What is my brain thinking? I decide to head downstairs. I don't want to be clouded by my own thoughts. I instantly know the smell of what he's making.

"How did you know I love chocolate chip pancakes?" I say, rushing down the stairs almost tripping over my feet.

"I talked to your mother yesterday after dinner," he says and hands me a plate of pancakes with the table all set up. He sits down in front of me with his own plate.

"MMmmmmmm," I hum while chewing the piece I just cut. I notice Noah looking at me. His dimples are defined as he looks at me with his bright green eyes.

"Is that my shirt?"

I look down at the shirt I'm wearing. I FORGOT TO CHANGE BEFORE COMING DOWN.

"Uhh no." I feel my face turn red from embarrassment. Great job Chrissy.

He laughs. "You're cute when you sleep," Noah admits and I almost choke on my pancakes. "Oh my. I'm sorry Chrissy," he apologizes and chuckles. "I didn't mean to startle you."

I clear my throat. "Excuse me, but I'm not Bella from Twilight. It's weird to watch people sleep." He just laughs. Why is he even here? Does he not have other annoying boy stuff to do?

"You're wondering why I'm here again," he predicts.

"How did you know?" I curiously ask. I bet he's some sort of psychic witch boy.

"You have that face that you make when you're thinking," he smiles. "It's cute," he mumbles.

I try to brush away all the thoughts of Noah kissing me. The image keeps appearing more and more when he's pulling his 'it's cute' trick. I can't get it out of my head. "So why are you still here then?"

"Cause I like you," he confesses.

"I-uh," I murmur. I can feel my heart pounding and all my blood rushing up to my face. Why can't I say anything? Just say something Chrissy. Anything.

"HA. I'm just teasing you. You're too annoying to like," he says then laughs.

The red colour on my face turns from nervous to mad. "Well for your information. YOU'RE the one who's annoying. I don't even know why you keep spending time with me. You can go find someone else to hang out with because I don't want you here. And if you haven't noticed, you can get any girl you want so you could easily find some other girl to spend time with."

"Are you jealous?" he asks, smirking.

"No, why would I be?" I lie. I'm not the jealous type, but for some reason I'm feeling like I am.

"Alright then, shorty. If you want me to leave that bad. I'll just go find some other girl to spend time with. Oh, I should probably call Zoey," he says while pulling out his phone. "Hello? Hey baby, it's me. Wanna chill?... Okay, I'll come pick you up." He taps his phone. "Okay, I gotta go shorty." Noah eats the rest of his pancake and stands up.

"Wh-what? So you're just going to leave like that? Calling up some other girl right in front of me? And then leave?"

"You said you didn't care," he smirks.

"I don't," I look up at him.

"Mhmm. Bye shorty~" He walks towards the entrance and closes the door, leaving me to sit in his cliffhanger and my own thoughts.