Chapter 12

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

"I'm going to be writing about how friendship is important," Ethan explains as I scrunch my face.

"So cheesy," I tease, earning a playful laugh from him.

"Oh, shut up," he smiles.

Ethan and I have been hanging out a lot at my house lately. We've done homework together, had a movie marathon, a cook-off, and a lot of other fun stuff. I've introduced Ethan to Lea and Brooke and they seem to get along just fine. Ethan is extremely kind, caring, and so understanding. We would spend hours listening to Brooke rant about some girl in her calculus class flirting with her crush.

After Noah's sudden disappearance that day, I haven't heard from him since. It's almost been a week and a half. He didn't attend any classes nor has anyone heard from him.

"Is it okay with you if I invite Hunter over. He's my friend from chemistry. He's really nice! A little intimidating too, but that's just who he is," Ethan asks and chuckles.

"Of course that is okay with me. Now we'll have more study friends," I exclaim, realizing how lame that sounded.

----------------------

Around 30 minutes later, the doorbell rings and Ethan and I head down stairs to greet Hunter. When Ethan pulls the door open, a guy with dark brown hair and hazel eyes steps in, giving Ethan a hug. His body is athletically built, which leaves me wondering if he lives at a gym. He's attractive...but not as attractive as Noah.

I immediately shake my head. No. I have to stop thinking about a guy who just disappears with no warning.

"You must be Chrissy," Hunter says, pulling me out of my thoughts. His voice is low and rough. His eyes rake across my body from bottom to top before meeting my eyes.

I smile. "Yes, nice to meet you. Let's head upstairs," I say, leading them both back up to my room after Ethan shut the door.

------------------

I'm sitting on the floor across from Ethan and Hunter as they are talking to each other about covalent bonds and all the other chemistry vocabulary. I look at Hunter as he's using his pencil to point something out on the textbook him and Ethan are sharing. He reminds me a lot of Noah. They both have amazingly built bodies and both look intimidating. Well I've seen Noah's less intimidating side and honestly, sometimes I find it kind of adorable. Hunter is very attractive, but Noah is more. My eyes bulge out of face. What am I thinking?!?!?!

I focus my eyes back on my book and I force myself to read. I reread the first sentence and right as I finish, I forget what I just read about. See dumbo, this is what he's doing to you, my subconscious tells me as I look up at Hunter. He's really getting in my head.

"I'm going to go get a snack. Do you guys want anything?" I ask while standing up.

"Just a water for me," Ethan answers.

"Me too," Hunter adds.

I smile and nod before making my way downstairs. I can't stay in that room any longer or I am surely going to pass out from all the hotness that's radiating off of Hunter. Are you sure it's Hunter causing that? My subconscious adds and I push her away.

I head to the kitchen and pour some Honey Nut Cheerios into a bowl and I fill two cups with water. I place them all on a tray before taking a deep breath and making my way back upstairs. I place the tray on the floor in front of them and smile at their thank you's.

"Cheerios huh?" Hunter looks at me as I pop a few in my mouth.

"Do you guys want some?" I ask, holding out the bowl towards them.

They both shake their heads spontaneously. "I've never seen anyone eat Cheerios as a snack," Ethan states and laughs.

"Hey. Don't judge," I say.

"I'm totally not judging her right now," Hunter whispers, loud enough for me to hear. Hunter and I join Ethan as he continues to laugh at my choice of snack.

The door to my room suddenly opens and I expect it to be Austin coming home from his school to talk to me, but my thoughts are completely pushed out the back door when I hear him.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" he says. Without turning around, I know that just from his tone, he is not happy with who I'm in the room with.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thanks for reading! Hope you all enjoyed! A new chapter will be posted next week!