Chapter 7

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

7:30AM

My alarm clock goes off.

I open my eyes instantly being greeted by the sunlight coming through my window. My eyes sting from how dry they are. I rub them, hoping that will help. I sit in bed contemplating what had happened yesterday. I hope all of that was just a dream. After getting dressed, I go downstairs to see my mother making my favourite pancakes before she leaves for work. As I expect, my dad has already left the house.

"Mmmmm chocolate chip pancakes," I hum.

"Good morning sweety," my mother says and chuckles while flipping a pancake.

"Morning Mom," I reply and sit down on a seat at the island in the kitchen.

"You're brother said he stayed at Scott's house last night."

"Of course he did," I mumble. He always stays at Scott's house.

She places a plate with three pancakes stacked up nicely in front of me and hands me a fork and maple syrup.

"Thanks." I begin to devour the delicious food.

"So..." She sits down across from me with a cup of coffee in her hand. "How long have you and Noah been dating?"

I chuckle awkwardly. "I'm not having this conversation right now. I told you we aren't dating."

"Honey, it's fine. Your father and I had a talk last night and we both want to get to know him better before we have to leave again. Do you think he would want to come over for dinner tonight?"

"NO. No, he's busy," I blurt out instantly. The last thing I want is to pretend being all lovey-dovey with Mr brat child.

"Chrissy.."

Even though I desperately don't want him to come, I can't say no to my mother. "Fine. But I can't promise that he will want to come."

"That's alright. Also another thing, your father and I are going out of town again. He has a meeting with a client and I'll be there to keep him company. We'll be leaving today after dinner." I frown. They just got back yesterday. She put her empty cup in the sink while taking glances up at the clock. "I have to get to work so I'll see you at dinner." She gives me a kiss on the forehead before leaving.

---------------------------

All day at school, I try my best to avoid seeing Brooke, Lea, and Noah. I'm avoiding Noah, because well he's Noah. Brooke and Lea because they will interrogate me about what happened last night. I'm so caught up in my thoughts that I don't realise that I'm going to run into someone until something pulls me by my shirt causing me to jerk to the side running into someone else.

"Be careful shorty, you almost ran into someone." Noah says to me after apologizing to the person that I almost ran into.

"What do you think you're doing? I was handling it," I explain, a little annoyed.

"Was your plan to run straight into someone? Cause that sure was working," he comments.

"Why are you even-" At that moment, I realise Noah's hands holding my waist and how close we are. Have we ever gotten this close to each other before? I feel my cheeks burning up.

"Here?" He finishes my sentence. "Well, I do go to this school." He smirks. "We should probably give you a leash so you stop running into people, shorty."

I roll my eyes at his comments. "Okay. Well if you don't mind, I have to go to class," I snap at him.

"If that's what you want, babe." He winks and begins to walk away. Did he just wink at me? Nahhhh. He was probably winking at the wall...or maybe his eye was twitching.

I'm about to leave too when I remember the dinner thing with my parents. "Wait! My mom wants you to come over for dinner tonight. 6:00PM. But you won't be there right? Cause you...you have something else to do."

"I'm free all of tonight. I would love to come." He smirks.

"Nononono, you can say no. In fact, I prohibit you from coming."

"See you tonight, shorty," he says, ignoring what I just said and walking away.

----------------------------

The bell rings for the end of the school day. I managed to find a seat far away from Noah for last period. I'm making my way to my locker when I see Lea and Brooke already there waiting for me. Abort! Abort!

"Hey Chrissy," Brooke says.

"Where have you been? We couldn't find you all of today." Lea crosses her arms.

"I umm..." I've been avoiding you guys cause I don't want to get interrogated and make everyone think I'm "dating" someone, my subconscious says.

"And why were you talking to Noah Love at the party yesterday?" Brooke adds. Shoot.

"You guys also know him?"

"Duhhh. Everyone knows him. He's the guy that I told you about who got into a fight and got suspended. Remember??? He's really scary," Lea reminds me. That's why his name sounded so familiar. What is my life right now? I'm fake-dating a guy who gets into fights?

"He's totally not your type. Why were you guys talking anyways?" Brooke asks.

"I know he's not. He won't leave me alone! He's just annoying and obnoxious." I let out a sigh.

"Who's annoying and obnoxious?" A voice says and by its low tone, I can already tell who it is.

"You," I say as I make a death glare at Noah. "Why are you here?" I can see in the corner of my eye, Lea and Brooke taking a step back by how Noah towers everyone with his height.

"I'm driving you home."

"Excuse me, but she doesn't need you to drive her home." Lea says to Noah, hiding behind Brooke. She must be scared of him.

"What? A guy can't drive his girlfriend home?" Noah says while putting his arm around me. I desperately try to get it off.

"Boyfriend huh?" Brooke's eyes drift to make eye contact with me.

I look up at Noah and mouth "I hate you" to him. "He's not my-"

"Come on babe." His hands lock with mine and he begins to walk away, pulling me with him. "See you around girls," he says. I shoot a look at Lea and Brooke. A "save me" kind of look. Lea holds out her phone and waves it at me, signalling me to use my phone to communicate.

We walk all the way to the parking lot where his car is. "Hey!" I try pulling my hand away, but he continues to walk. "Hey! Noah!" I try pulling away again.

"Yes?" He lets go and turns around facing me.

"H-how could you just...just pull me away like that?!?"

"I wasn't. I'm just taking you home."

I can feel the anger underneath my skin irrupt. "You-you know what? I'm done playing nice with you. Honestly, I'm so done with you. Why do you even care about this? Why do you even care about me? You can stop playing this game now. My parents aren't around so you don't need to pretend to be my boyfriend," I say while throwing my hands in the air every once in a while. "I don't like you and you don't like me. So if you could just please le-"

I'm interrupted by Noah's sudden movements.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed. Stay tuned for the next chapter!