Chapter 20

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

I see Noah's hair as he moves around. Tiny cracks appear on the ceiling and I see him a few seconds later on a bed. The sheets are a dark shade of blue and behind him I can see some posters hung up on the wall. In the corner of the screen I see a little stuffed dog.

"Is that stuffed dog yours?" I ask. If it is, I finally get to tease him about it. He always makes fun of me for having stuffed animals it's time I get to do it too.

His eyes widen and he looks behind him, chucking the stuffed animal out of the frame. "It's my brothers," he blurts and rolls his eyes as I laugh like crazy.

"That thing is not mine," I hear a second voice in the background. The voice is tiny and adorable sounding. Noah suddenly gets smacked in the face with his stuffed animal.

I laugh even more to the point where I think I'm going to pass out. I'm wheezing with laughter.

"Ben," Noah warns.

"Ben," the tiny voice mocks in the background which makes Noah rolls his eyes.

Ben.

"Who are you talking to?" Ben asks.

"No one. Mind your own business," Noah snaps and looks over at wherever Ben is.

"Is it a girl? Is it your girlfriend?" Ben taunts Noah which makes me laugh. "She has a really pretty laugh," Ben comments and climbs onto Noah's bed finally coming into view.

As I expected, he looks like a tinier Noah. His hair brown with green eyes. His cheeks look very squishable and he's wearing pajamas with the superman logo on the front and pajama pants with little dogs printed all over them which reminds me of my own pair of dog printed shorts. He lays on his stomach next to Noah and looks at me through his phone. He places his elbows on the bed and rests his head on his hands.

Ben looks up at Noah, his head still resting on his hands. Coincidentally, Noah is resting in the same position too. They definitely are brothers. "She's really pretty too," he whispers to Noah, but I can clearly hear him. I quietly chuckle, offering a nice smile.

"I know," Noah whispers back while looking at his brother, and glances at me quickly in the corner of his eye. My heart jumps for a moment.

"What's her name?" Ben whispers to Noah before looking back at me.

"Why don't you ask her?" Noah questions and laughs.

"I can't," Ben whispers so quietly that I almost can't hear him.

"Why not?" Noah asks with a strange look.

Ben lifts himself up high enough and puts a hand next to Noah's ear before whispering something to him which makes Noah smile. He props himself back to the position he was at before and looks up at his older brother.

"Ben says that you're too pretty that you're making him nervous," Noah explains and snickers.

"Aw you're too cute Ben," I compliment him which makes him cover his face with his two tiny hands.

"Her name is Chrissy," Noah tells him and Ben moves his hands away from his face.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Ben asks. The innocence in his voice kills me.

"I don't know if you would say that," Noah replies which makes me a little sad.

He's right. I'm just a fake one.

"Oh," Ben sighs. "Can she be my girlfriend then?" He whispers and I chuckle.

"Whoa whoa. Slow down little guy," Noah laughs and puts his hand on his brothers hair, messing it up then glances at me.

"I was just asking," Ben shrugs. "Will I get to meet her in real life?" he asks and I see Noah tense up.

"Maybe some other time kid."

"Okay!" Ben jumps and climbs off Noah's bed. He disappears out of the screen and Noah turns back to me.

"Sorry about that," Noah sighs.

"Your brother is really adorable," I say and smile.

"You're never this nice to me. This is so unfair," he complains, sarcastically.

"Well he's not an asshole like you," I snap back and laugh. Noah joins me before he's interrupted by a knock. He looks to wherever the knock is coming from.

"Ben said something about a girl?" I hear a woman say. Her voice is soft and gentle sounding which makes me want her to tuck me to bed.

"Of course he told you," Noah says and sighs, running his hand through his hair. "Ben! What did I tell you?" Noah yells and I hear Ben giggle in the background.

"It's nothing mother."

Noah's mom. He mentioned about her once.

"Okay, well if you want, I can make dinner for us sometime," Noah's mom says quietly. I can hear a small plead in the way she says her sentence.

"I'll see," Noah looks at me. "I have to go. I'll talk to you some other time," he says before the call ends.

I put my phone on my nightstand and close my eyes revisiting the scene I just witnessed.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed!

We've reached 2K reads which is so incredible! I can't emphasize enough, but I'm going to say it again. Thank you so much, you guys are amazing.