Chapter 23

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

"Chrissy, I was so excited when Noah told me you would be coming. Ben had told me he saw a really beautiful girl, but I didn't imagine you to be this beautiful! Noah never brings anyone home, let alone a girl," Noah's mom tells me. She tells me to sit on the couch while she gets some water for us. Now that I'm here, I'm nowhere near nervous. Noah's mother seems like the nicest person ever and it seems like she just has happiness radiating off of her body.

"So how did you and Noah meet?" she questions when she comes back with two glasses of water and hands one to me. I quietly thank her. "Noah and I are super close with each other and we tell each other many things, but Noah doesn't tell me much about this kind of stuff. He's always extremely quiet when it comes to girls," she adds.

I blush thinking about how I'm the first girl who his mom has met that he brought home. "Well, we're in the same English class which is how we met. Then we started hanging out more and more," I say, not wanting to drag the whole confusing fake dating stuff into the conversation.

"Oh Chrissy, you don't know how happy I am to finally meet you. I've noticed how happy Noah has gotten in the past few weeks. I didn't know if it was a girl or something, but when Ben told me Noah was calling a girl, I was so surprised and excited. Could I ask you a question?" Noah's mother says.

"Of course," I smile.

"Has Noah been spending nights with you?" she asks and I slightly choke on my water. "Oh sorry!" Julie apologizes. "You don't have to answer that. I'm just curious. He hasn't been home during the night a lot and even though I tell him he can roam freely as long as he doesn't get into trouble, a mother still gets worried," she continues.

I look at the woman and I feel bad that Noah makes her worry about him so much. "Yes, he has been staying with me a lot," I answer and blush. It is a little weird talking about this with Noah's mom, but I feel bad that she worries about Noah and he doesn't bother to tell her where he's going.

"That is all I needed to hear," she sighs and smiles, squeezing my hand. "Will you be staying for dinner?"

"Actually, Noah said that we would be having a sleepover kind of thing. We have an English project due next week," I explain. "I hope that is okay with you," I shyly add.

"Of course it is! Oh honey, this house is your house now. You can come here anytime!" she says in excitement before standing up. "Assuming that you're his girlfriend," she says and looks at me.

I had hoped this topic didn't come up. "It's really complicated to explain," I say quietly and blush for the fifth time.

"I see," Noah's mom nods. "What would you like to eat for dinner Chrissy?" Julie asks, changing the topic.

"Anything is fine, thank you," I say before following her to the kitchen.

"Maybe we can make Noah cook tonight and us ladies can have some nice time to ourselves," she says and winks at me. I chuckle in response. Maybe that is a good idea. I hear the lock jiggle and Noah opens the door. Instantly, a little Noah runs past me and hugs his mom.

"Hi mommy!" he exclaims. His tiny, adorable voice makes me want to hug him too. Strapped on his shoulders is a backpack and he wears a blue long sleeve and black pants. He must get his style from his brother.

"Hello Ben," Noah's mom chuckles and hugs him back. "How was your day at school?" she asks.

Noah grabs my hand with all my bags in his other hand and leads me down a hallway. He opens the first door on the right. Inside, there is a single sized bed in the corner with the dark blue sheets that I saw when we video called. He has a nightstand next to the bed with two piles of books on top and a desk and chair near the bed. There is another door next to his closet that leads into his bathroom and the doors of his closet have a mirror on them from top to bottom. Noah closes the door behind me and places my bags down before going to sit on his bed.

"Come," he gestures and I obey. He lifts me up so my legs are on either side of his waist, straddling him. "Did my mom say anything embarrassing like she always does?" he asks, placing his hands on my waist and nuzzling his face into my neck.

I chuckle. "Well, she asked about how we met and said that I'm the first girl you've ever brought home. Then she asked if I was your girlfriend," I tell him, smiling and resting my arms around his neck. Even though I've never been this close with a guy, with Noah, all of this touchy stuff just comes naturally and it's kind of freaky how my body reacts like I've been with him all my life.

He takes a deep breath and sighs. "Did you tell her we're dating?"

"I said it was complicated," I say.

"Oh. And she didn't say anything after that?"

"Nope," I answer.

"Oh, okay. Sorry I had to leave you," he says and squeezes my waist.

"That's okay Noah. Your mom is really nice," I say, meaning it.

"I told you she would love you," he tells me and pulls away from my neck to look at me.

A fluttery feeling stirs in my stomach and my eyes drift away in embarrassment. I look to his nightstand and the two book piles catch my eye. "Did you steal my secret book system?"

Noah glances over at the books and his face turns a little red. "No, I don't know what you're talking about," he mumbles, looking at me.

"Mhmmm...And you always make fun of me for it." I stick my tongue out and him and nudge him in the chest with my hands before laughing when he makes an offended face. My bottom lip sinks in between my teeth as I take in the expression on his face. His eyes are looking straight into mine and he smiles just a little bit which makes my heart skip a beat. Noah suddenly leans close to me, our lips almost touching. He squeezes my waist again, this time just holding that position.

"Tell me Chrissy..." he whispers. "What are you doing to me?" he asks, his voice low and soft.

Before I can say anything, his lips brush against mine, sending an electric shock through my body. "N-noah," I sigh and he smirks. Our lips connect and move in unison just like every other time, but this time, something feels different. With every second of our  lips touching, my stomach stirs more and I feel like I'm in heaven. Everything in my mind washes away. I just want to stay here forever.

"Noah?" a voice calls from the other side of the door.

Noah's mom...

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Hey! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Comment on what you would like to see more of! More Ben? More Julie? More Chrissy and Noah?

What should Noah and Chrissy's shipname be? Chrissah? LOL I don't even know. Let me know your ideas!

Have a great day! :)))