Chapter 13

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

I turn around to see Noah standing by the doorway. He's bunching his fists together like he's about to break something. I've seen the look he has on his face before.

"HEY!"Noah yelled, his voice low and hoarse. People start to look my way. Noah grabs the guy's shirt by the collar. "You spilled your drink on her. Apologize," he says. His tone is serious and scary.

Except, Noah looks much more serious this time around. If it is even possible, he looks ten times more scarier too. He walks towards us, each step making my heart race even faster. What is he going to do? Noah reaches down and pulls Hunter shirt by the collar, forcing him to stand up. I scramble backwards and so does Ethan.

"Are you wishing to die today?" Noah threatens.

Hunter doesn't look intimidated at all. He makes glances at me before looking back at Noah and mumbles something that I don't quite catch. In the blink of an eye, Noah's fist connects to Hunter's jaw.

"NOAH!" I jump up and run in between them, pushing Noah away. "What are you doing?" I yell at him. Who does he think he is? Coming into my house and punching someone!

"I-"

I look at Hunter now on the ground with his hands pressed against his face. "Are you okay Hunter?" I kneel next to him and move his hand out of the way to see the damage.

"Chrissy, don't touch him." Noah warns and I raise my hand up to stop him.

"No. You don't get to tell me what to do. You're the one who disappeared for two weeks and now you show up and punch someone in my house? You have no say in this. You're absolutely disgusting," I snap before helping Hunter up. "Here, I'll help you with that," I glare at Noah before leading Hunter outside. Hunter looks back at Noah, but I don't bother to. I hear Noah drop the f-bomb right as we step out the door.

"I'm so sorry Hunter. I didn't know he was going to be here," I apologies as we make our way down to the kitchen.

"Does he always come to your house randomly?" he questions.

"No. Well I don't know. Sometimes I guess," I answer while pulling out an ice pack from the freezer and wrapping a towel around it. I feel kind of awkward talking to Hunter about Noah and I. "Do you guys know each other or something?" Curiosity fills me from the scene that just played out.

"I've seen him around the school before and outside of school. I've never really interacted with him before." He takes the ice pack from me and gives me an aching smile before mouthing the words ouch. "You know, Chrissy," Hunter says before placing the ice pack down on the kitchen counter. He brings two hands to my waist. Before I can even process what is happening, he pulls me up on the counter and stand in between my legs. He holds the ice pack back up to his face. "You shouldn't be around this guy. I've seen him get into fights before. I was just walking home from school and I saw him punching and kicking this guy," he says, staring into my eyes.

My heartbeat quickens. This is the closest I've been with anyone other than Noah. I think Hunter notices my nervousness because he smirks and takes a step back.

"Thank you for helping me," he tries to smile without showing the amount of pain he's in.

I continue to stare at him, not being able to think properly.

"What are you thinking about Chrissy?" Hunter questions.

"I-I don't know," I stutter earning a small grin on his face which he turns away from me to hide.

"I should probably leave if I'm going to cause problems here," Hunter says, pouting and I find it pretty cute.

"No. No, it's okay. With whatever happens when we go back up, he should be the one to leave. You were doing just fine before he came so he can either stay and be friendly or leave." I jump down from the counter. Hunter gently grabs my hand and leads me back upstairs. I begin to feel really hot and nervous. What is up with me and the pretty boys around me that keep holding my hand?

When we get to my room, we walk in and I make eye contact with Noah. He looks at me then at Hunter's hand that is holding mine then back at me. His eyes burn into mine and he has a facial expression I can't read. Hunter lets go of my hand and walks towards Ethan who seems to be slightly uncomfortable.

"What is HE still doing here?" Noah blurts out, emphasizing the 'he'.

I clear my throat. "HUNTER was here before you. Like it or not, he is staying. We are all here doing our homework. So if you don't like it, the door is over there," I say and point in the direction of the door.

Noah sighs and shoots a glare at Hunter before scooting closer to me. I look at Noah with so many questions running through my head to ask him.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

This chapter is dedicated to tasnxma for voting and reading! Thank you very much! 

Stay tuned for the new chapter and a new dedication coming out Saturday!