Chapter 21

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

I'm on my way home with Lea and Brooke when a dark blue car drives by and the window is rolled down. "Slayyyyy gurlsss," Noah exclaims in the most obnoxiously, fake female accent ever. We stop walking and I hide behind Brooke.

"He is so embarrassing," I whisper which sends Brooke and Lea into a fit of laughter.

"Chrissy, I need you to come with me," Noah says, looking past Brooke and at me.

"I'm walking home with Brooke and Lea," I respond. I want to catch up with Lea and Brooke.

"Too bad. Girls, do you mind if I borrow her from you? It's important," he asks. He flashes a smile that I've seen before. Lea and Brooke both give in and agree, pushing me forward towards Noah's car.

I know that Noah won't leave until I agree so I'll just do everyone a favour. I wave to Brooke and  Lea before putting on my seat belt.

"You can't just use your charm and persuade my friends into letting me come with you." I cross my hands, trying to look annoyed.

"There's no rule saying I can't." He smirks and pulls onto the road. "It always works," he says before looking at me and making the same face he did just a few moments ago. I try my best not to react. "Well it works on everyone, but you," he frowns.

"That's a good thing for me. I don't have to put up with your 'Ooo look at me. I'm handsome and I like to show off' stuff," I snap and turn to face the window, trying to hide the smile on my face.

"So you think I'm handsome?"

"What. No. When did I say that?" I know I said it just a few moments ago, but I'm not ready to admit that.

"You just said it like a second ago," he says, confused.

"Did I? I don't remember. I think you're just full of yourself," I push, knowing exactly how to annoy him.

"You-" He sighs. "Nevermind," he puffs.

"You annoyed yet?" I ask, turning to face him, grinning.

"You're always annoying so I can't complain." He smirks and shrugs.

"Wow," is all I can get myself to say.

Soon enough, we park in front of a tiny diner.

"Here we are. You said you've never been to one so I decided to take you to the best place in town," Noah explains while getting out of the car and I follow.

Inside is a bar table running from one end of the room to the other, acting as a barrier between the kitchen and cashier area and the seating area. There are tons of little red booths which are adorable and exactly how I imagined a diner to be like. Noah walks up to the bar table and a young woman moves to him after helping out a man with his order.

"Noah Love~ Great to see you again," she greet and smiles, pulling him into an awkward hug as she reaches across the table. He hugs her back which makes my insides stir.

"Hey Kath," Noah says and glances back at me for a moment.

"Let me get you a table," she picks up a menu from underneath the table and walks out from the little pushy door thing. She takes us to our table and I walk behind both of them as they catch up on some things. They must be close friends. Its when we get to a booth that she finally notices me. "Who's this Love?" she asks and sets down the menu in front of Noah and I.

"This is my friend, Chrissy. Chrissy this is Kathy." He looks at me and back at her and smiles.

"Nice to meet you," I say, offering a friendly smile.

"You too. Please take a look at our menu." She smiles. "Noah, I'll get your usual."

"Actually, can you get two of those. Chrissy will have the same thing," Noah blurts just before she leaves. Kathy nods and picks up the menu before heading back into the kitchen.

"So you guys know each other very well?" I question.

"Yeah, you could say that. She's a good...friend of mine. We used to hang out a lot," he explains.

"Cool." The thing stirs inside me more. For some reason, I wish that she knew we were dating. Well fake dating. I don't even know anymore. All this fake dating and dating and all the stuff in between is really just messing with me.

"Hello? Chrissy? Did you hear me?" Noah stresses and waves his hand in front of my face, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"No sorry," I say and nervously laugh.

"I said that they serve the best milkshakes here. And it's 24 hours too," he retells me.

Before I can say anything else, Kathy brings our food. In front of me is a vanilla milkshake with whipped cream and a cherry on top, and a plate with a burger and onion rings on the side.

"There was only enough to make one milkshake so y'all can decide who gets that," Kathy says and winks at Noah. Don't wink at him my subconscious wants to say, but when I take a bite out of my burger, all of those thoughts are brushed away. Noah thanks Kathy and begins to dig in.

"Mmmmmm," I hum as I chew the delicious, juicy burger.

"Right?" Noah mumbles through his food.

I decide to take the milkshake since it's my first time here and I know for sure if I give the puppy eyes to Noah, he'll let me have it.

It. Is. The. Best. Milkshake. I. Have. Ever. Had.

(Author's note: I'm getting so hungry writing this...)

All of a sudden, Noah takes the milkshake and drinks out of my straw. "Wha-what are you doing?" I ask.

"Taking a sip?" he replies, like it's supposed to be super obvious.

"But that's my straw. It's gross if you drink out of it too," I wrinkle my nose.

"Christina. We have kissed before. What's the difference?" Noah reminds and takes another sip. The mention of the three times that we have kissed never fails to make me nervous and flustered. Not that I'm counting or anything... "If you're too disgusted by this, I can always just finish this myself." Noah smirks and starts sipping a lot of the milkshake through the straw.

My mouth hangs open. If I don't stop him, he's going to finish all of it. Without any hesitation, I reach out and grab the glass out of his hand and finish almost all of the milkshake. I look at him and I can see him grinning at me. If he wants to tease me, then I'm teasing him back. I spit into the last of the milkshake and hold up the glass. I shake it in his face. "I spit in it. Guess the rest is mine," I stick out my tongue at him and Noah's expression turns from happy to annoyed.

He grabs the glass and finishes off the rest. I just stare at him not knowing what to say. "Why would you do that! That is DISGUSTANG." (LOL SORRY I HAD TO)

"I told you, we've kissed before. I don't care," he chuckles and smirks.

--------------------

When we're paying for the meal, I pull out my money and Noah does the same. Kathy smiles at me before taking the money from Noah, letting him pay. "My treat," Noah whispers in my ear. As we leave, I see two vanilla milkshakes on the table ready to be served. And Kathy said they were out of milkshakes...

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

What do you think Kathy was up to? Let me know!

The next few chapters will get very interesting ;)

Thank you for reading! Have a good day :)