Chapter 30

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

The scene in front of me is literally a fight scene straight out of a movie. 

Except this time, it's not choreographed, it's real life.

Kathy runs up to Hunter and I, her face is full of worry. She goes to Hunter first and cuts the rope around his hands and legs with what looks like a small knife or something.

"Thanks Kath," Hunter says and he looks at Kathy with an expression I can't quite read.

"Later," Kathy answers which confuses me. "Come on," she gestures to Hunter and he stands up, running into the crowd of people throwing punches.

Kathy unties me and tells me to stay where I am as she runs in and joins the mess. One of the men run up to her, but before he can even do anything, she kicks her foot up and socks him straight in the jaw. Kathy then punches him in the stomach, causing him to fall down on the floor. Another man runs up to her from behind, but before I can yell to warn her, he throws a punch and she ducks under, completely dodging it. She straightens out one of her legs and swings it towards the man's legs, tripping him.

(Author's note: Gotta add that badass girl power ya feel me?)

All of a sudden, there is a loud explosion sound and smoke fills the large area. Everyone seems to keep fighting despite the fact that it is impossible to see anything.

Most of the gang men I saw earlier with Noah's dad are now on the floor or about to fall over.

My eyes drift to Noah in his signature black t-shirt, black pants, and black shoes as he moves closer to the centre of the smoke area where he disappears. My eyes then follow his father who joins behind Noah slowly with a bat in hand.

"Noah! Watch out!" I yell, but he doesn't hear me.

Before I can even catch up to what I'm doing, my legs get up on their own and I'm rushing towards the nearest plank of wood. I grasp onto it tightly and run towards the smoke, causing my lungs to feel like they're drowning.

Noah's father lifts the bat up, ready to strike at Noah as Noah looks at everyone and they look at him with wide eyes.

"What?" Noah asks.

If someone saw me right now with Noah's dad in front of me, I would be considered an ant compared to him. The bat in the man's hand comes in contact to Noah's side and Noah immediately groans and drops onto his knees, gripping onto his side. Without thinking about what I'm doing, I swing the wood like a baseball bat and it smacks Noah's father straight into his shoulder. He swings his body around and the baseball bat hits my shoulder too. Pain gushes through my arm, but for some reason it doesn't hurt that much. I whack him a second time in his lower stomach and then another in his legs. I'm so blinded by the adrenaline pumping through my body that I don't even realize that Noah's dad is on the floor and I've hit him about eight times until someone wraps their hands around my waist, pulling me away. The plank slips from my hands, falling on the ground and I struggle to get away from whoever is holding me. My fists pound into their arms and I fling my legs around.

"Let me go!" I grunt, continuing my actions.

"Hey! Hey! Whoa, calm down Chrissy. You're going to kill him," the person holding me says and I instantly know who it is.

I stop my movements and Noah sets me on the ground. My breathing is so heavy, I swear you could hear me from a mile away.

"Damn, Noah. Your girl's not that innocent after all," one of the guys say and I see Noah smirk.