Chapter 10

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

I've been sitting in my room for the past hour staring at a blank sheet of paper with only my name and date on it. I'm supposed to be writing an essay for English class. I wonder if Noah started his. I shake my head. I have to stop thinking of him.

I keep making glances at my phone. A little part of me wishes he would text me. Well, I know he's not because he's out with some girl. The image of him with another girl makes me feel jealous, even though he's been with so many other girls. Why am I feeling so jealous? I don't even like this guy. He's just an annoying boy...my boyfriend. I shake my head. Fake boyfriend I tell myself.

----------------------------

"So you guys are fake dating because he was trying to get you out of trouble?" Brooke questions.

"Yeah," I reply. I just spent the past hour explaining everything to Brooke and Lea about how I got into this situation. I invited them after I realized it was impossible for me to write an essay with my mind cluttered with my thoughts. I also decided to leave out the part about how I can't stop thinking about Noah and how he is out with some other girl right now though.

"Do you know what was weird? I was out to buy food earlier and I swear I saw Noah. He was in the cereal aisle or something," Lea mentions.

"Wait what?" He is out with some girl though.

"I don't know if it was him. Maybe he has a twin!" Lea exclaims.

"I doubt that." Brooke laughs.

I'm just confused. He was clear that he was going out with a girl. It was probably just someone else. We spend the next few hours hanging out like we always do and I manage to write most of my essay. When they leave my house at 6pm, Austin comes home to finish some work before going to Scott's. They spend most their time together. We've known Scott for a long time. His family and ours are really close. I wouldn't be surprised if Austin had his own room at their house.

--------------------------

After what seems like hours of making a dinner, I manage to make some pasta. A bit more than I can finish myself. If it's even possible, I almost burnt the spaghetti. Don't judge me.

I watch a few episodes of Friends while eating which distracts me from the fact that I've gone a few hours without Noah and I kind of miss having him with me. My phone buzzes and I look down to find Noah's name pop up.

*Open your door shorty. It's cold outside.*

I look towards the direction of the entrance. Why is he here now? My body instinctively moves towards the door and opens it to find Noah standing outside with a backpack over his shoulder.

"Hey, can I come in?" he asks. I move aside allowing him to rush in from the cold air.

"Why are you here?" I don't know why, but I feel mad. Not super mad, but mad enough to not want to talk to Noah. He is definitely a real player, just like the ones in the movies.

"Well, I got you some Honey Nut Cheerios from the store," he says, pulling out a family sized box. "Your mother told me that you eat those as snacks? And I saw that you were almost out." He walks towards the kitchen, placing the box of cereal on the island in the middle. I follow him after shutting the door and sit back down at my seat to finish my food. "Did you make pasta?" he asks and I nod. He grabs himself a plate and puts the extra food on and sits beside me.

I don't speak to him. I just continue playing the episode I'm watching.

"What show is this?"

"Friends," I answer quick and coldly.

"Are you mad at me or something?" He grabs my phone and holds it up into the air to get my attention.

"No, I am not. Give me back my phone. Phoebe is singing and I want to watch," I say and stand up to try to grab it. He stretches his hand all the way out and without thinking, I put my knee on his chair in between his legs in an attempt to get my phone back. Noah takes this chance and wraps his arms around my waist after placing my phone on the table. I try to get off of him as I feel my face turning bright red, but his grip is too strong.

"Gotcha," he says and smiles.

"What are you doing? Leave me alone," I whine.

"Are you mad because I spent the day with another girl?" He smirks. "You know I was just pretending to go out with some girl to tease you right?"

"Yeah right. You're mean. Let go of me," I bark at him. He can get any girl he wants. Why choose me?

Noah squeezes my waist. "Not unless you kiss me."