Chapter 19

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

My heart starts to beat faster. Has he been wanting to talk to me while my phone was off? No, of course not. He's probably been hanging out with hot girls all day. I roll my eyes and click to find him in my contacts list. I scroll down to the letter M to find him under "My Man ❤." I have been meaning to change it, but I just don't have the time...okay okay I'm just too lazy and haven't done it yet.

After finishing up the glass of water, I head back upstairs to take a shower. I had spent today with Ethan and Hunter and honestly I feel so tired. I need to refresh myself.

----------------------

I head back to my room in my pajamas after my shower and I decide to call Noah back even though I know how much he hates talking on the phone. I'm not so fond of it either because I feel like I sound like a dying whale while talking, but I have never seen anyone hate it so much. We were sitting on the couch of my house and someone had called him. He insisted on me to answer it and refused to be on the phone even though the person on the other line really needed to talk to him.

With two rings, he picks up and I hear a lot of ruffling from his end of the call.

"Hello?" Noah says. His voice is low and raspy.

"Did I wake you up from a nap or something?" I listen attentively to every breath he takes which makes the hairs on my body tingle.

"Maybe. How come you didn't return my calls or messages?"

"I was busy," I reply quickly. "Don't you like...hate phone calls?" I question, trying to change the subject. It's not that I'm lying to him, I'm just not telling the details of the story. I mean I was actually busy...Busy hanging out with a guy he punched in the face my subconscious says.

"I can make an exception for you," he mumbles on the other side and my heart hops. "Wait hold up, I'm gonna call you back. I'm gonna take a shower," he says more clearer this time as I hear him move around in his bed.

"Okay, just call whenever you're done." I hang up my phone.

I plop myself down on my bed pulling my brown stuffed teddy bear into my arms. I know it sounds so childish and stupid, but yes, I have a stuffed animal. I haven't used it as much as before lately to hug during the night, because well...let's just say I have other things I can hug now.

I grab one of the books Noah picked out for me off of my nightstand and flip to the page I last left off on last night. I am genuinely so impressed that Noah found all these great books. Maybe I just like them because I can imagine Noah looking through so many books and whisper-shouting at the librarian for not ordering a hardcover copy of a book. Maybe I like them because Noah seems like the guy who would intimidate the crap out of the librarian just to get her to find good books for him. Maybe I like them just plainly because he sneaks up in my mind every time I pick them up to read.

I can make an exception for you.

I flip the page to read the next.

I can make an exception for you.

The line keep running through my mind. Would I do something I hate as an exception for Noah?

Yes.

I flip the page again and shake my head.

No, of course not.

I won't be doing anything for anyone. Especially something I hate. What does it mean when he's willing to call me? Would I be willing-

My phones rings. I click the answer button as fast as I can and Noah's face appears on the screen as well as mine in the corner. His camera is shaky, but I clearly make out every feature of him. His hair is still glistening wet falling onto his face and the water drips from the tips of them. How does someone look so hot even after taking a shower?

He places his phone on the bathroom counter so he doesn't have to hold it. By now, I see his chest too. I realise he has a few more tattoos around his body. Did I miss all of those before?

"Hey Chrissy," he says, smiling which makes his dimples shine.

"H-hi," I stutter. My palms start to sweat, but I don't know why I'm sweating because I'm cold as hell.

Noah brings his hand up to run through his hair and it looks amazing. A towel loosely hangs around his waist. "What were you up to today?" he asks as I see him walk out of the frame for a while before walking back in a pair of grey sweats.

"I was with Ethan.." I say, my voice trailing off near the end of my sentence.

"The nerd guy?" He smirks, knowing I will fight him back on it. Well I'm not giving him that satisfaction.

"Yes. What about you? What did you do all day?" I ask, turning the attention back to him. I grab the scrunchie off of my nightstand and I put my hair up into a bun.

"I helped my mom out with rebuilding her garden," he replies, his tone sounding angry or something. I can't read his expression.

"That's cute," I comment. I move my face out of the frame to smile. Something about a big, tough guy like Noah being bossed around by his mom is cute. I don't want him to know that, that's what I'm thinking about though.

"You're cute. Don't move out of the frame shorty. I want to see you," he quietly complains while he picks up his phone and holds it so I can only see his hair and the ceiling. 

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Hey everyone! I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Also we are at 1.8K reads! That is crazy. You guy are amazing! Keep voting and commenting! I love reading all your comments.

ANNOUCEMENT: I am officially starting a R4R. Please PM me for further information!

Lots of Love,

Tessa :)