Chapter 18

Enjoy :)

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

“Austin, take Scott upstairs,” my dad says to Austin. My parents start talking quietly which just sounds like mumbling to me.

Austin walks over to me with Scott and gestures for me to follow them. When we are in Austin’s room, he shuts the door behind him and they both sit down in front of me on the ground.

“Umm…” Austin hums. They both look incredibly nervous. What could I possibly have missed out on? A bunch of endless possibilities flood into my head. What if Scott had done something wrong? Or my brother had done something wrong? Why was Scott’s dad so mad? What if they both get kicked out? What would that do to me-

“I’m gay,” Austin spills and Scott shoots him a look.

“Wait what?” The words falling out of my mouth before my brain can catch up.

“I thought you were going to ease her into it,” Scott whispers.

“Sorry, I got nervous,” Austin whispers back like I’m not sitting in front of them.

“Well we have been trying to hide it for a while now, but I don’t know if we can hide it anymore,” Scott quietly says while reaching out to hold my brothers hand. Austin looks back at me and looks like he is about to cry. “I’m sorry,” he croaks.

My heart aches for him. “Come here,” I say, attempting to comfort him by pulling him into a hug. “There’s nothing to be sorry about. I love you just as much either way. Never be sorry for who you are. I am happy you told me,” I say, meaning it. I can’t help but cry for him. I can’t tell if I’m crying because I’m happy or because my heart is heavy for what he must be going through right now.

Austin hugs me tighter. “I love you sis,” he says through his tears. I can hear him trying to catch his breath.

I pull away and wipe off my tears. When I look at Scott, he is quietly crying.

“We told them downstairs. Scott’s dad doesn’t like the idea,” Austin whispers while pulling him into his arms.

“I’m sorry,” I say while scooting closer to comfort Scott. My brother and I hug him from either side.

“I wish I had a sister like you so I don’t have to feel like this when the only family members I have reject me,” Scott sobs and pulls his knees to his chest.

“You do. I am here Scott. I love you just as much too,” I say, feeling my throat go dry. Scott has never done anything bad, why couldn’t they be a little understanding? My thoughts are clouding up my head.

A gentle knock pulls me out of my mind and I look towards where the sound came from. My mother stands by the door. Her hands are clutching the door frame with her head poking in to see us. She waits a few moments before stepping in fully so we see her whole body. “Scott, Austin. I love you both,” she says, offering a smile. A painful smile. “Scott,” she pauses, giving him a comforting look. “You can stay here as long as you’d like, honey. Don’t be afraid to ask for anything. You can ask anyone of them, Derrick (Chrissy’s dad. For anyone who is questioning who the heck is Derrick), or myself. Your parents just need time to process this. You are their only child after all,” she says, quietly. “I am truly sorry. They did not handle the situation very well.” She glances back down the hallway and back at us. “I’ll leave you guys to it now.” She looks at me and gestures for me to leave them alone. I look at Austin and Scott and they both nod, letting me know that they will be okay.

“Thank you,” Scott says. This is the first time since I got home that I’ve seen him smile. I get up to follow my mother. When I shut the door behind me, my mother turns around and hugs me tightly.

“I love you both, you know that right?” she says into my hair.

“I know,” I answer. I love her no matter what. She is such a strong human being. Not strong as in physically, but mentally and emotionally. My mother has been there for me all my life and I can’t emphasize how much I thank her for that.

“Even though I’m not always around, you can always tell me anything.” Her voice is soft just like how I remembered when I was a child getting tucked into bed. She lets out a sigh and pulls away from me. “I have always had a feeling about your brother ever since his first girlfriend. It just didn’t seem like him and he was constantly so out of it, you know?” she speaks to me while holding my shoulders with each hand. Now that she mentions it, I understand. Austin constantly had girls falling for him, but he never really settled for one. And when he finally did, the furthest they’ve ever gone was holding hands. I remember staying up all night on Fridays just listening to his stories about being with her and how he just didn’t think he liked her as much as she liked him. He felt horrible, but he said he felt more horrible if he dumped her because he didn’t feel anything towards her.

“I think he is still mad at me for it, but back then I told him that he needed to stay away from her and break up with her. I felt so devastated and mean towards him, but I couldn’t give him the reason why I made him do that,” her voice trails off quietly. “He needed to figure that out for himself.” She gives me a small smile. “And look what he found now.” My mother looks towards the door of my brothers bedroom and very faintly in the distance, I hear Austin and Scott laughing.

“So,” she gently smiles. “How is your boyfriend?” she asks as we make our way downstairs. I choke on air and cough a little.

I forgot I had one. A fake one my subconscious adds.

“He’s okay,” I reply.

“Just okay? Nothing happened while I was gone right?” She looks at me, trying to hide a grin.

“No! Of course not Mom!” I squirm and wrinkle my nose.

“Good. Or else I will have to hunt him down,” she says, playfully and winks at me before joining my dad on the couch.

I make my way to the kitchen to get some water. I hold the glass in one hand while I pull my phone from my back pocket with the other. I reboot my phone since I shut it off when I had left for Hunter’s house.

8 text messages and 2 miss calls.

<~~~~~~~~~~>
Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! What should Austin and Scott's ship name be? I like Scotstin, but I don't know.

Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting! I really appreciate it!

Lots of Love,

Tessa ♡