Chapter 16

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

"You heard about the English project right?" I ask Noah. I lay on my stomach across his legs as he sits on the couch.

He's writing something in this black notebook of his. His eraser and other pencils are placed on my back, using it like a table. I on the other hand, am listening to music quietly as I read a book I got from the library a week ago. I'm so close to finishing it.

"Yeah. I talked to all my teachers. What are you going to write about?" He questions while tilting his head to look at me.

"Animals," I snicker. "What about you?"

"I don't know yet. I have an idea, but I'm not sure if I should continue with it."

I grab my planner from the coffee table after I finish reading the last of the book and I flip through the pages to make sure I'm not forgetting to do anything.

"You really love that thing don't you?" Noah teases.

I have always carried this bullet journal around. It keeps me sane in a odd way. I'll start to freak out if I don't have my life in order.

"Yeah, more than I like you," I joke and giggle, pulling my bottom lip between my teeth and looking at Noah.

"Well that's fine by me," he puffs. "I don't like you either," he says, attempting to hide a grin.

"Good. For. You." I stick my tongue out at him.

"You know what?" Noah puts his notebook down and moves his things off my back, placing them on the couch. In one swift motion, he grabs me and pulls me up. His arms wrap around my thighs and lifts me up into the air. No matter how much I try to get down, Noah is way too strong for me. "You get air jail," he chuckles in amusement, watching me struggle with getting away.

"Let me go!" I shriek and laugh as he puts me down.

Noah's hands still remain on my waist. His dimples stand out every time he smiles and I can't get enough of his smiles...He needs to smile more. I try to take in every single feature he has when he smiles. "Hey, let's go get you some new books."

"How did you know I needed books?"

"You have these specific places you put your books," Noah explains and takes in my reaction.

How did he find out my secret system? I keep my books on my bedside table next to my bed. The books I still have to read are put closer to the bed as the books I finished go to the pile next to the 'still have to read' books which is further away from the bed. It's for easy access of books. I know it sounds stupid, but I like my things a certain way.

"It's a really useless system. You're reaching for the books either way," Noah insults and smirks when I slap his shoulder.

"Oh shut up," I laugh.

------------------------

I walk through the rows of shelves of books, glancing at all the book covers. I lost Noah half way through my search for new books in this giant library. Suddenly there is a loud sound of books hitting the ground behind me.

"Shit," the man mumbles. I whip my head around to see Noah scrambling to pick up the books.

I quietly giggle, "You need help with that?"

"Shut up, I tripped on my shoe laces. I knew I should have tied them before carrying the books." His tone is serious which makes him seem like a 5 year old complaining about how his chocolate milk doesn't have enough chocolate syrup in it. My giggles turn into laughter as he stands back up after tying his shoe laces. "Here. All the books I think you would like. I ordered them from a-z and I know you like hard covers so I tried to find the hard covers of those," Noah says and holds out the books.

"Wow. You say that as if I'm some crazy organizing freak." I lie. I know I'm an organizing freak. I can't help but smile at how much effort Noah puts into little stuff like these. It's like he knows exactly how I like things to be.

"You are," he debates. I shake my head and shyly smile to myself while looking down at the books he got me. I'm going to read them all.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Hey everyone! I know I just posted yesterday, but here is a little short chapter.

We have hit a little more than 200 votes! You guys are amazing!

I hope you guys enjoy this little chapter and have a great week tomorrow!