Chapter 27

***Swear Warning***

<~~~~~~~~~~>

(Unedited)

He stops in his tracks and our eyes meet.

My eyes widen and my heart jumps at the sight I see.

Is it really Noah?

I blink a few times, convinced that my brain is just playing tricks on me. He looks away from me, ready to leave.

"Noah!" I yell and run towards him.

He turns around and looks at me, no emotion at all.

"Where have you been?! What happened to your face?" I bombard him with questions that has filled me for weeks.

"It's nothing," he plainly replies.

"No. It's not nothing! Look at you! I haven't seen you in weeks," I tell him. "Did you get into a fight or something?" I ask when I take in the injuries on his face and in his hands.

"God Chrissy. Why are you so nosy all the time?" He snaps at me and gives me a look far more than I can take. The way he's looking at me is so different I swear this is the wrong person I'm talking to.

"Well, I'm sorry for worrying about you," I say sarcastically, feeling the need to defend myself.

"Well, you don't need to anymore," he says with a straight face and looks off to the side.

"What does that even mean?" I ask.

"It means what it means," he tells me. "Didn't Hunter tell you to stay away from me?" His tone changes to something that I've rarely heard before. A tone Noah talks in when he's frustrated or angry.

"Yeah so?" I argue.

"Why don't you just go find him huh? You guys seemed to have had the fucking greatest time together last Sunday at the diner. Go hangout with that asshole again," he rolls his eyes and I immediately freeze. How did he know I was out with Hunter?

"Why do you even care?" My first instinct with him is to fire back.

"Cause," he says, his lips pressed thin.

"Cause what?" I cross my arms, awaiting his answer.

"You just shouldn't be hanging out with that asshole. Kathy said you were all over each other."

"You're the asshole," I press. "And I'm sorry if Hunter is threatening your huge damn ego, but you can't tell me what I can or cannot do," I bark. "Plus you were out and about with Kathy," I add. "You guys were the ones 'all over each other'," I quote Noah, emphasizing the 'all over each other' and rolling my eyes.

"Jeez, that was such long ago. We both agreed that it was just a fling. I don't do relationships. We're just friends now so I can hangout with her whenever I want," Noah corrects and crosses his arms.

"So what? What am I then? Just another fling?" I snap.

Noah doesn't say anything after that.

I sigh, feeling all those feelings and frustrations that I've repressed, resurface to the top. "You know? For someone who's supposed to be a boyfriend, you're not doing a very good job," I fire.

"Well, just like you said. This was just a game of fake dating wasn't it?" His words stab me sharply and it takes every cell in my body to stop myself from crying.

"Fine, if that's what you want," I yell and begin to walk away. A little piece of me holds me back after a few steps and the feeling of crying has turned into a fit of anger. I can't let him get away with this and keep quiet anymore. "You know what? I can't believe I even fell for you!" I say as I turn around, my fists tightening which gives me a slight sting in my palms.

"I'm such an idiot for even falling for you!" I repeat again. "Of course, you would be the type of guy to do this," I laugh, not happily, but in pain and at myself for being so stupid. "I should've took your mother's warning to not date you or even thinking about it," I tell him and he opens his mouth, but I cut him off before he can say anything.

"So good job Noah. Is this what you wanted? Me to fall for you just so you can disappear and leave? This is all part of your sick, fake dating game isn't it? YOU'RE the one who started it remember? YOU'RE the one who decided to kiss me. And YOU'RE the one who keeps up this fake dating. I've been so fucking worried about you for the last month and you don't even care enough to tell me what's going on or anything!" I scream and I'm pretty sure anyone in a radius of 3 blocks can hear me, but I couldn't care less right now.

"You're so selfish Noah. You play with my feelings and it confuses me so much. One second you're kissing me and one second later you just push me away! What do you even want from me?" I continue and he takes a step towards me. "Don't," I warn him. "Don't even come near me." I hold up my hand like a stop sign and I take a step back. "You don't want me to care, so don't come any closer to me cause I'm done with you. I'm fucking done with you!" I scream. I have a feeling my voice will be lost from the amount of screaming I'm doing right now.

The expression on his face is something I can't read. But with one last look at him, I turn my back towards him. I've never ever been so angry to drop an eff bomb before, let alone two. I rarely ever swear. 

Right as I turn around, my anger dissolves into pain and I begin to walk away. Tears start flowing down my face and when Noah calls for my name, I begin to run.

"Fuck!" I hear Noah yell in the back and I hear a loud crash followed by it, but I don't turn around.

I know that I'm not ready to go home just yet because too many memories of Noah will flood my mind.

I don't know where I'm running to, but all I can feel is a rage of pain and emotions pulsing through me. I wipe away my tears, but they keep coming back. I'm a sobbing mess.

We weren't even dating, but why does this feel like a heartbreak?

My vision starts to blur from the amount of tears that are forming and my whole body feels tingly and numb.

Just keep running, I tell myself.

Just keep running.

Just keep running.

Suddenly, there is a high pitch screech. I look to my left with a car coming straight at me and I realize I ran onto the street--

...

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed the chapter (well not really cause it's sad, but you know what I mean)!

Comment and let me know what you think of this chapter!

For everyone out there, DON'T WORRY! Things will be better...or not? Who knows ;)) 

(I hope they get together even though I'm the author lolz)

I already have an ending in mind for Noah and Chrissy so stay tuned to find out what happens!

The next chapter will be posted on Wednesday.

Have a great day!