: one :

The cold January breeze hit her face harshly as she stepped out of Tom's car, immediately wrapping her thick coat tighter around herself, it was a bit nippy no doubt it would make her hair frizzy. Standing outside the huge property was overwhelming to say the least, Tom's house was, in fact, modest compared to what was in front of her now. "Ready?" Tom broke her daze by placing a hand on the middle of her back.

"Still don't know why I'm here but yeah, let's go." She remarked, moving forward to reach the staircase that guided to the entrance of the man's home. Once they made it to the front door Tom jumped to the side to press the intercom smartly hidden so it wouldn't mess with the aesthetic of the façade.

"Tom Holland and company." He talked close to the ugly looking device then looked back at y/n, playfully winking at her. She rolled her eyes and stuffed her hands in the pockets of her coat, even with the gloves she was wearing her fingers were completely frozen, it wasn't that cold but she's always been one of those people that loves cold weather but can't actually handle it.

Tom came back to her side just as the door opened and they were greeted by a huge man in a head to toe black outfit, an earpiece hanging over his shoulder. "Mr Holland." He nodded towards Tom. "Miss." Then nodded towards y/n. "Boss is waiting for you in his office." He announced moving to the side to allow them inside the house. 

When the man stepped back, Tom shrugged his coat off and handed it to the guard who draped it over his forearm and came closer to y/n to take hers off to what Tom politely put his hand out to stop him. "I've got it, man." He said, helping her get rid of the garment as well as her gloves, tucking them in one of the pockets and handing it to the man, he thanked him and offered his arm to the girl who linked hers under it to start their way towards the mob's office.

Much like in Tom's house, her heels clicked on the marble flooring echoing even more in the bigger space, expensive furniture filled the grandiose living area and exquisite art lining the charcoal grey walls. It seemed to y/n that they walked for ages when they finally stopped at a black double door. Tom banged his scarred knuckles against the coal coloured wood a couple of times. "It's me ya dickhead." He chanted when a muffled voice from inside the room yelled a harsh 'what?' then a 'fucking bastard' was heard before they were allowed in.

"In you go." Y/n let go of his arm and took a hold of the door's handle.

"No, you coming with." The man retorted, making her shake her head.

"Tom, you need to do this alone, show him you're a big boy and can close deals on your own." She winked at him pulling the handle down and pushing the door open for him. "I'll be out here if you need me." She whispered before closing the door once he was inside, leaving her alone in the quiet hallway. About half an hour passed since her friend entered the room only muffled mumblings were heard from inside and she wasn't going to lie, she was nervous about the outcome. Y/n trusted Tom's criteria on what was good for his business but a little tiny bit of her was scared he might slip on something.

"This shit's going down, man." Harrison smirked as he put the paperwork back in its folder and pulled the top drawer of his desk opened to put it away.

"Let's hope." Tom mirrored the man's expression. "Right, I want you to meet someone." He beamed, getting up from the chair and walking towards the door.

"Did you brought a date to a fucking business meeting?" Harrison furrowed his brows but there was humour in his voice.

"Of course." The brunette mocked before opening the door poking his head out. "C'mere, love."

"Is everything alright?" She asked quietly, approaching the man.

"Yeah, good. C'mon in." He ushered her, reaching out for her hand and pulling her inside the burgundy room. Harrison sat up straight on his chair and looked at her up and down with an indifferent look. "Mate, this is my best friend and literal partner in crime, y/n." He introduced her draping his arm around her shoulders, a huge grin on his face. "And y/n/n, this is my best mate and now our ally, Harrison." The way he was looking at her was dismissive and made her arch her brow in distaste.