: seventeen :

Harrison's knuckles banged softly on the closed door of y/n's room stepping a bit back waiting for her to open it. It was already midday, they both had spent the morning sending files back and forth regarding the man that they were trying to track down and the little information they could find, it was almost as if the guy didn't exist at all. The door swung open, revealing y/n in a burgundy cropped jumper and black skinny jeans, very different from what she's been wearing on a daily basis. "What?" She asked when he delayed a little on speaking.

"I've got some free time. I'm taking you to pick your stuff up." He looked down at his watch only to stop staring at her for a moment.

"Oh. Okay." She sighed, going back inside to put her shoes on. She grabbed her phone from the bed then opened the nightstand drawer to pull out a thin, bright red cardholder. "Let's go."

"It's cold outside." He pointed out when he saw her jumper show a little of her skin, even though the rise of her jeans was high the jumper still rose with some of the movements she made.

"I thought Tom wasn't here." She murmured, rolling her eyes as she went back to the little walk-in wardrobe pulling out a black coat. The thickness of her jumper made the coat fit a little more snuggly than normal making her look a little like the Michelin man around the arms, but she didn't seem to mind it. It made Harrison smile faintly to see her not protest more even though he could see she was bugged about it.

She walked past him, leaving him behind to close her door before he followed her down the stairs and out of the house. He watched her confidently walk towards his small car, he intended on taking a bigger one but he let her have it. "No-no, you're driving." Harrison stopped her from getting on the passenger seat by removing her hand from the door's handle, his fingers gripping hers gently.

"Why?" Y/n furrowed her brows then looked down at their hands, slipping her digits out of his grasp.

"I don't know where your place is." The blonde stuffed both his hands in his pockets when he noticed the tinge of pink gracing the girl's cheeks. Y/n turned to walk around the hood of the car to be on the driver's side, quickly getting in without a second word. Harrison smirked then darted his tongue out to wet his lips before opening the door to get in.

She pulled a single key from the cardholder and stuck it in the door's keyhole twisting it until it clicked and she was able to open the front door to her flat. The girl entered the place, turning the lights on and shedding her coat before turning to face Harrison. "Living room. Kitchen. Spare room. Bathroom. And upstairs is my room." She pointed at each room as she mentioned it giving him a rapid layout of the flat from the bottom of the stairs. "I'll be quick. Make yourself at home, I guess." She shrugged, turning on her heels and climbing up the stairs with hurried hops.

Harrison stood by the front door between the small staircase and the living room. He allowed his gaze to sweep the whole space carefully while he stepped to the side entering the living area. The flat had limited space but nothing looked cramped, the sofa was decently sized and there wasn't much furniture there, it was just the necessary. The living room felt so cosy even though all the lights were on and to the fact that she was probably never there. He walked around the coffee table, reaching the TV stand that served as a storage unit breaking into a smile when his eyes landed on a framed picture of a teen Tom with a girl, who –Harrison assumed– must be y/n, both standing on the same skateboard. The closer he got the more he could make up in the image, the side of y/n's face was visible, her mouth opened and eyes squinted, the picture was obviously taken at the same time they had a laughing fit.

Next to it were two more picture frames holding another image with Tom; both wearing ski suits in the snow, she was getting a piggyback ride from Tom and the other one was with all the Holland boys in Christmas jumpers. Harrison felt a pang of envy hit his chest, Tom and he had the same life and yet the brunette had his family with him. Tom had y/n. And Harrison? He couldn't even take some time to drive down to the countryside to spend some time with his mum and sister. When he was beginning to beat himself about it he heard a curse then a loud thud on the top floor. The man's instincts kicked in and he took long strides up the stairs looking around to find a big open space, he walked hurriedly towards the opened double door.