: eight :

Avoiding Harrison wasn't a difficult thing to do, he spent all day in his office until really late at night, the help would constantly go in with trays with food and drinks then come back out with an empty tray that had been brought in full earlier. He seemed to never leave that room, the house was ridiculously huge for him to just spend his life in that one room and obviously his bedroom. The first full day Tom and y/n were there was a Sunday, and in the Holland's side Sundays were a no-work day so early in the morning they both met for breakfast out in the sunshine by the pool and stayed out in the back garden the whole morning. Tessa running free and Tom play-chasing after her, y/n's laugh echoing through the open space.

After a while the sun was becoming a bit too much, the lack of clouds in the sky caused the rays to be harsh as midday stroke. The three of them marched back inside to ask for food and drinks, the cold temperature of the house made their warm skin cool off quickly. At that same time, Harrison was walking out of his office, even on a Sunday his clothes remained immaculate, well dressed. For him, there wasn't really an off day unless he was planning on visiting his mother or the other way around. "Mate, what're you doing?" Tom asked Harrison as he met them in the middle, by the living room.

"Working?" The blonde looked at his friend up and down at what he was wearing, an eyebrow lifting when he took in Tom's outfit, a plain white t-shirt, joggers and bare feet. Then his eyes switched to y/n, wearing pretty much the same thing, just hers a little more fitted to her body.

"On a Sunday?" The brunette questioned surprised.

"Yes. If I don't, this mess won't get solved." He said running his fingers through his curls.

"C'mon man, have a beer with us outside."

"It's midday, Tom."

"So? We can have 'brunch', midday drinking is acceptable when you say it's 'brunch'." He did air quotes each time he said the word brunch "Init, y/n?" He turned to his friend for support.

"It is, yeah." The girl confirmed, nodding her head and reaching down to scratch Tessa's head.

Harrison just looked between them and thought about it for what seemed like hours before he sighed heavily, thinking about how much his body ached from stress and ultimately nodded "Alright." He pushed his rolled sleeves up, the papers on his hand grabbing his attention back, "Need to get this done first." He raised them and was about to walk away when Tom stopped him.

"No, c'mon. No more work." Tom took the papers and stuffed them in a drawer of a big chest of drawers beside him.

"That's important, Tom."

"It'll be important tomorrow too." The slightly shorter man said, clapping Harrison on the back and pushing him outside with him, y/n and Tess trailing behind them. "How's your mum? Haven't seen her in a long time." Tom started a casual conversation once they sat around the medium-sized garden table.

"She's alright." He shifted on the chair, he was still tense, relaxing wasn't something he did lately, it was almost as if his body didn't want to loosen up.

"Mate, relax." Tom encouraged, his hand falling on the blonde's contractured shoulder giving it a squeeze. Harrison nodded and reached inside his pocket for his cigarette case and lighter, quickly putting one between his lips. Looking at y/n through his cupped hand around the flame, as he lit it up her face slightly scrunched up for a second then she got up waving Tessa's ball to get her excited. "Not your fault, bro. She hates cigarette smoke."

"I've noticed." His gaze followed her figure as she walked further away from them and threw the ball, Tess raced to catch it and brought it back to y/n. "What happened yesterday..." Harrison started, not tearing his eyes from the girl, "She wasn't supposed to see that." He moved his eyes back to Tom then, taking a drag of his cig.