: nine :

The blonde's eyes found their resting place on the girl every time he lifted his head or turned it in the slightest, he kept cursing himself for having so little control over his actions that even though were subtle a certain brunette didn't let it slip, a taunting smirk drawn on his friend's face as Harrison fought the urge to look at her again. He heard a breathy chuckle leave Tom's mouth and he was quick to turn to look at him, giving his mate a glare before rolling his eyes and looking back over to the band playing, he sucked on his teeth in the process, clearly annoyed that Tom was enjoying his struggle.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the girl shuffle on her seat before she got up putting her napkin down on the table beside her half-full plate and stepping sideways to get out of the booth, she flipped her hair over her shoulder once she started her way towards the restrooms, her hips subtly swinging —not on purpose it was the way she always walked— the fitted clothes clinging so flatteringly to her figure. "Alright, I'm not gonna sit here and let you stare at her arse." Tom's fist came in contact with Harrison's bicep harshly, pushing him to the side slightly.

"Fuck off! 'M not starring!" Harrison grumbled as he caught himself from leaning off the booth with the force.

"Yes, you fucking are! Staring at her face is one thing but her arse? Really, Harrison? In my fucking face?" Tom's protective side coming out, he wasn't always overprotective with y/n, it was never necessary she knew how to handle that sort of attention but he knew who Harrison was, he knew how he was when it came to girls and the prospect of Harrison being interested in her in that way made him feel a bit uneasy.

"I fucking wasn't, Tom." Harrison roughly adjusted his jacket, running his fingers through his hair, an annoyed expression marked his face. He was staring but not at her bum, yes his eyes ran up and down her body but when she walked further away he shifted his gaze to the few men at a table not far from theirs that were giving her the most disgusting glances as she passed them.

Tom sighed, biting the inside of his cheek as he studied Harrison's moves, his eyes drifting past him as y/n came back from the bathroom, then past her approaching figure to the bunch of grown men that were checking her out, his jaw clenched and his grip on the wine glass tightened. "Everything alright? You seem a little tense." Y/n's voice made him loosen up his hold and divert his gaze from the adjacent table to land on her eyes.

"Yeah, all good." Tom nodded before downing the rest of his wine.

"Right..." The girl's eyes jumped from Tom to Harrison then back to Tom, both men's shoulders were tense, their brows furrowed and jaws locked, "So, when you leave... Am I gonna keep Tess or is Harry gonna take her?"

"Dunno. D'you wanna keep her?" Tom relaxed a tiny bit.

"Always." She said matter of factly.

"Then you'll keep her." The brunette gestured with his hand and reached for the wine bottle refilling his empty glass. "How are we tackling the threat?" Tom directed the question to Harrison, who was fidgeting with his lighter, the clicking of the metal as he opened it and closed was almost drawn by the live jazz music. His eyes glaring in the direction of the businessmen across from them, not really paying much attention to what Tom had asked.

Once they got his attention back strategies and more business were discussed over a few more glasses of wine but Harrison's original demeanour had changed to a more short and serious one. He wasn't looking at her anymore, he had shifted his focus on someone else, making sure he remembered every single face that sat at that table. When they decided to leave Tom excused himself to go to the washroom, leaving Harrison alone with y/n in the foyer of the restaurant. They stood ridiculously far away from each other, the blonde's posture straight and tall with his hands stuffed in his trousers' pockets.