: twenty five :

The fear she felt was one she'd never felt before. She had felt panic she hadn't felt before. Panic of being in actual danger, that never happened the time she was with the Hollands, even the little time she spent at Harrison's. Even though she knew she could fend for herself, she never really had to because she was always with Tom or Harrison inside the house, not really in actual danger. But how would she know that someone from inside the house would be the one to dare lay a hand on her, again.

She knew she shouldn't have trusted James, she knew she should have asked Harrison for his information when she said she would. But none of that mattered now that she was weakly fighting against whoever had covered her whole face with a cold cloth, shoving her head onto the backrest of the seat rather aggressively. Tessa's relentless barking fading far away the longer y/n fought, inhaling the chemical scent of the rag roughly pressed against her face. Heavy lids dropping closed no matter how hard she fought the somnolence that invaded her.

Upon waking up from the forced unconsciousness, she was struck with terrible dizziness that triggered extreme nausea, barely giving her time to roll over to her side before she was sick. She had no idea where she was and if it was okay to do that, but she'd rather messed up whatever was next to her than choke on her own spew.

Her nose and throat burned as she gasped for air after turning her stomach, coughing and spitting to get rid of the bitter taste on her tongue. She knew she was being everything but quiet as she coughed, nausea threatening to make her heave again and desperation hitting her as she remembered she wasn't home, that someone had taken her by force and that she was most likely not going to make it out of there alive.

It was a bit fatalist of her to think that way but it was the only thought revolving in her head when her eyes finally focused on the room she was in. Hardly any lights were on, only the two bedside lamps, that emitted a weak warm light which did nothing to actually light up the dark room. What her dilated pupils could make up was an old fashioned bedroom, walls an ugly brown colour matching the furniture, thick burgundy and golden curtains that blocked out natural light. As she kept scanning the place, slowly turning her body on the hard mattress she laid on her right hand got stuck on something impeding her to move further away than the middle of the bed. 

Her free hand came to grab her wrist that was stuck almost over her head, a metal cuff circling it and digging into her skin making uncomfortable friction against her wrist bone from the tightness of it. Her fingers and eyes followed the short chain until they met the other cuff attached to the bedpost elicited a curse from her dried out throat. Stupidly she began to tug at it, only making the cuff close tighter, painfully encrusting it in her skin drawing another curse out, this time angrier.

With a buzzing head, she turned fully to the side leaning to the bedside table to rummage the drawer for something that could help her pick the lock, but it was empty. Out of irritation she slammed the drawer shut with the little strength she had and that alerted someone outside the door as she heard the doorknob being fumbled with. "Jesus, fuck!" The man who entered the room in a hurry stopped abruptly at the sight of her vomit on the rug. His arm came up to cover his nose in disgust and he eyed her up with a grimace.

The man didn't resemble someone she knew and she couldn't take her eyes from him, furious blown out pupils glaring in his direction carefully memorising every detail of his face and body for future reference. He turned back around and shut the door behind him, his voice coming muffled leaving y/n unable to understand what he had said. Her breathing was starting to get erratic so she forced her eyes shut and lungs to take deep, long breaths as she felt anxiety trying to take over her whole body. 

A pair of older men came inside the room with rubber gloves on, a bin liner and a bucket with what seemed like cleaning supplies. Immediately both got to work, getting rid of the rug and starting to clean up the floor with the bottled chemicals without even sparing a glance her way.