: fifteen :

Actions always count more than a thousand words and it's been settled that the right words failed to come out of y/n's mouth so she came to terms with the fact that she might have another chance to make amends if she did something instead of saying it. The best idea she had was to scurry into the kitchen bright and early to occupy the chef's place for breakfast. Armed with what she'd learned from Pearl and whatever was in the fridge and pantry, y/n had prepared a hefty spread of food ready by the time Harrison asked the chef for it.

She pushed the loaded trolley out of the kitchen, her heels marking her every step as usual while her heart thudded harshly against her ribcage the closer she got to the man's office. But, why though? It was just Harrison. Second-guessing and overthinking began to invade her mind and she almost stopped a few feet away from the dark wooden door. That was until one of the kitchen porters walked past her and opened the door for her, announcing the food arrival to get permission to enter the room.

The girl took in a deep breath when the man opened the door wider for her, Harrison wasn't at his desk and as soon as y/n was inside the room the porter closed the door, leaving her alone with Harrison. This time she knew about the nook behind the door so she turned when she stopped the trolley by his desk. He was leaning against one of the wall cases with his eyes fixed on a black binder, "Lay everything down, Noel. I'll be out in a minute." He said without tearing his sight from the paper. She nodded to herself and began to unload the plates on his already clear desk, "What are you doing?" His voice caused her to suck in a breath in surprise, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice in her hand as she turned to face him.

He was standing still halfway towards the desk, looking at her with a quizzical expression, one brow lifted and head slightly tilted to the side. Y/n's eyes scanned the man in front of her, giving her the chance to really look at him. His glasses propped perfectly on the bridge of his nose, his hair slicked back and properly fixed, it looked professionally done, she noticed that it was shorter than the day before. The black rolled up neck top he was wearing marking a huge difference in his appearance from the usual white button-ups he always wore. Black fitted trousers and black boots made him blend in with his security.

"Truce." She said simply when she finished eyeing him up, extending her arm forward offering the glass to him.

"Uh?" The blonde looked down at the glass then back at her, his confusion still lingering.

"A peace offering. Truce." Her arm was still extended and she was getting impatient the longer he took to grab the juice.

"You brought my food in as a peace offer?" Harrison furrowed his brows a bit, taking the remaining steps towards y/n and grabbing the glass from her hand. His eyes boring into hers.

"No. I made your food as a peace offer." She corrected and Harrison's brows shoot up, surprise evident in his subtle reaction. "Tom wants us to get along. I'm willing to put our troubles aside for him."

"Oh, so this is for Tom?"

"For us." She admitted before she could stop herself, her eyes widened subtly when she realised what she just said, "The three of us. For the business to run smoothly." The girl desperately tried to fix it. Why was she suddenly not good with words was a whole mystery to her, and the more he held her gaze the more awkward she felt, so she turned to grab the trolley and exit the room.

"You're not gonna stay?" He asked, walking closer to his desk.

"That's the plan."

"'M not gonna finish all of this myself." He looked at the spread then back at her. The girl diverted her gaze from his to the side then to her hands gripping the handle of the trolley, her thumb tapped the metal bar anxiously. "C'mon, princess. Take a seat." He offered, pulling at his chair with his free hand and pointing at the empty chairs in front of the desk with the one that still held the glass she handed him. She thought about it, long and hard, harder than the situation required. "Truce?" He said, still standing beside the chair. Y/n nodded her head, her eyes stuck on his. "Sit then."