: two :

"Morning, Pearl." Y/n greeted the old woman glued to the stove, stirring a pot of porridge.

"Morning, my dear. Want some coffee?" Pearl offered and was about to put the wooden spoon down but was cut short by the girl.

"Oh, don't worry. I've got it." She grabbed the lady's shoulders as she passed to grab a mug from the cupboard "Has Tom gotten up yet?" Y/n asked, pouring the dark hot liquid in her favourite mug.

"Not yet, miss." Pearl confirmed. Y/n blew out the steaming cup before taking a sip of her black and unsweetened beverage as she walked over to the island to sit down and wait for breakfast, she grabbed the iPad lying on the granite countertop scrolling down the news.

"You didn't text me last night." A groggy voice broke her concentration on the virtual chess game she was playing on the device, Pearl had gone off somewhere else in the house a long time ago, so it was just her sitting on the kitchen island.

"Forgot." She said simply, making her move on the game.

"It wasn't safe for you to go on your own" He came closer to her, leaning over the island to search for her face, she didn't answer so he kept going "There are more people watching us now, y/n. We need to be careful" He explained softly, a lovely tone to his voice. More silence from the girl. "Y/n/n..."

"It's alright, Tom. I understand, I'm not stupid." She looked up from the screen to meet his beautiful chocolate eyes, his brows knitted in the middle in concern and slight hurt.

"I never said you were stupid, y/n." He sighed.

"You keep explaining things that I already know as if I was." She bit the inside of her cheek. Tom clenched his jaw, bowing his head.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you, 's all." He mumbled.

"Nothing's going to happen to me, Tommy." She reassured him.

"That's my plan." He looked up at her.

"Coffee?" She asked, changing the topic.

"Yes, Please." He sighed, sitting opposite her as she got up to fix him a cup. She couldn't stay mad at him even if she tried, besides she wasn't pissed at him it was at Harrison. But she was not going to tell Tom that their new ally was a prick and she kind of hated him already.

"I'm meeting with a client in a few minutes, could you do me a favour and go drop the files to Harrison? Said he'll make sure they paid me what they owe me." Tom said after he finished his coffee and looked at his wristwatch as he dropped his mug in the sink.

"Does it have to be me? Where's Harry?" She groaned, scrunching up her face at her friend's request.

"He's visiting mum and dad." He stood in the kitchen's doorway and looked at her with furrowed brows, stuffing his hands on his trouser's pockets.

"Ugh, fine." The girl rolled her eyes.

"We're ready to go boss." A deep voice came from behind Tom, making him turn to see John standing a few feet away from him. The young man nodded and looked back at y/n.

"Please and thank you." He pointed at her then waved goodbye.

Out of all his men that he could've picked to drop the bloody files he had to choose her, Harrison could have sent one of his men to pick the bloody files for him. The annoyed thoughts revolved on her mind as she made her way towards the man's house. Parking her car on the curb of the mansion, taking in a deep breath before getting out and rounding the front to get the big pile of files from the passenger seat then closing the door with her hip.