: twenty seven :

W A R N I N G
explicit violence ahead.

It'll be a lie if she said she didn't let emotion take over her during the night. Her eyes were red-rimmed and the mascara that coated her bottom lashes had turned to liquid with the salty tears, staining her under eyes charcoal. Sleeping was impossible, her mind was simultaneously alert and numb. Going from overthinking to blank, jumping back and forth between resignation and hope preventing her from having a second of rest plus the circulation on her right arm was significantly reduced, numbing it and making it hurt slightly along with the irritation around her wrist.

The plate with the food they had brought in the night before laid untouched on the bedside table, the room smelled like it now but she had gotten accustomed to it and even though her stomach felt so empty it almost burned, she felt it turn each time she dared to think about eating something, however, the tall glass that once held water was drained and still her tongue was dry and bitter. Her bladder about to burst from holding in so much liquid since she arrived at the house too many long hours ago.

It was hard to tell the time, the thick, ugly curtains kept the room dark and cold with no chance of the sun or moon to shine through the windows. She desperately needed to use the toilet and with zero will to speak loudly she started to rattle the handcuffs to get someone's attention. Banging them against the bed frame, purposely scratching the varnish that coated the wood in the process, not stopping making noise until one of the burly men poked his head inside. "I need to use the bathroom." She informed firmly, her harsh glare sending daggers the man's way.

He closed the door again and delayed a few more seconds in opening it again, making sure to lock it behind him. The man approached her with a set of small keys, picking one out and sticking it in the small lock of the cuff attached to the bedpost, tugging at it to hurry her to her feet so he could guide her to the en-suite that was just as tasteless as the rest of the room. The man took her close to the toilet and attached the cuff to the nearest towel railing then left the room locking it as well. Her arm was stretched to the side so far out that she barely could sit properly to do what she so desperately needed. While she relieved her aching bladder her brain began to work up a plan, a flawed one if she thought too much into it but it might work, it might get her out of there before the person who had basically bought her —she assumed— arrived to pick her up.

Without thinking much more about it she cleaned herself then struggled to pull her underwear up with one hand —the other too high up to use it— leaving her jeans just around her thighs and took a big, deep breath before calling for the man, rattling the cuff again this time against the railing on the far right. When the man entered the room he stopped abruptly, eyeing her state and starting to back out again, "I need you to pull them up, I can't do it myself." The girl said annoyed, "Don't look at me like that, you were the one that cuffed me this bloody far." Y/n grumbled, watching him hesitate then come inside the restroom.

"Do it yourself." He said plainly, unlocking the cuff again and stupidly turning around to give her some privacy. It was a dumb move to make but she took the opportunity, reminding herself that she'd been trained for so long for what she was about to do. Pulling her jeans up as fast as she could to take impulse and jump on the man's back, wrapping the short chain of the handcuffs around his thick neck and tugging with all her strength while she dug her right knee in the middle of his back. He stumbled back crushing her against the wall hurting her hip due to her position, his heavyweight knocked the air out of her lungs but she couldn't afford to give up now. So in opposition to the screaming pain on her wrist, she put more pressure on the man's throat, his arms unable to reach her due to the size of them; too much muscle impeded limbs to function at their full potential so that was another dumb move.