Rest in pace the best friend of the growing me

When did you change your name to memory?
And why do I think that name suits you better than anything, I had ever called you...? Including best friend.
I moved.. you moved on, but disclaimer: I don't miss you, I don't even know you.

I know what you were.. I was friends with what you were. I miss who you were before this change... I miss you before memory became your name.
No.. I don't miss everything about you, I miss everything about what you were. I don't miss whatever you have become.

I miss the before... who is this after?
And what you where is someone who still exits in my mind, what you were to me back then is something I still crave all the time.
'Cause I see that at least the memory of you, is something that is still alive. Please
Don't tell the younger me that her best friend is only, available for a limited amount of time.

Don't tell the younger me that I buried her in my past, letting her funeral me my final goodbye.
Everything you were to me, no longer exists no matter how much I want to deny, that you and I are not anything other than strangers to each other.

I've never met the you of today, I've seen pictures but the girl on Instagram doesn't even look the same, the girl on Instagram probably doesn't remember hearing me say: "let me ask if we can hang out and we can meet each other held way" half way was just a catchphrase... we both said too much.

When the road we were walking down was the rope keeping bound, but we both losing our touch. I won't deny to anyone- you were my best friend , but I can teach something to everyone because you were also my lesson, on how fast a friendship sinks. And how best in bff is not as good as you think, and how forever is an overstatement- it's not as long as it should be.

Was I your army?
Did I made the hurt weigh less?
And is that why now that I'm gone you try so hard to make yourself, weigh less?
Tell me what happend to your smile that used to shine so bright,
Tell me why you're a lightbulb that went out, why you're done.
Tell me what happend to my friend who once resembled the Sun, because we forgot about meeting each other half way, we both turned around and started walking the other way.

And I won't look back if I know you won't do the same... I know you won't do the same.
So when did you change your name to memory?
Why is memory still a friend of mine?
And why is she a better friend to me than you ever were? And why am I okay with replacement- your replacement being her?

Our end...
there wasn't any drama, it wasn't on any stage. And you had only gone behind my back because I turned around, so we'd be both be facing opposite ways. So rest in peace the best friend of the growing me, I'm sorry my memories have become your cemetery. And I'm sorry that we couldn't stay friends because I didn't stay then, my memory will live on, even if you're not living with her.