Chapter Fifteen

It was now January of 2019. A brand new year to move on and forget the past... or a year filled with nightmares. Logan was starting the year off in an amazing way. He made a video describing his mistakes from 2018 and how he became a better person because of it. Obviously he left out everything with Ace and Jake's trauma in the video because no one else needed to know that besides him and Jake. Because of this video, he earned a lot of respect from many different people around the world. He also started a podcast called Impaulsive which became the number 1 podcast in the world.

Jake was so happy for his brother and was so proud that he was thriving again, but in a healthier way. He was also nervous about Logan's new career path because they won't interact as much anymore, especially vlogging. Jake's afraid that there will be a day where Logan will forget about his close bond with Jake and get it from someone or something else.

He feared that if this happened, the only way he could have a somewhat close bond between he and Logan is through Ace. Jake would rather die than have Logan absent from his life... so he'd let himself be Ace's sex slave to pimp out just so he could be with Logan. Jake felt himself going insane the more he thought about this.

"Jake!" Jake heard Logan shout. That's when Jake jumped out of his thoughts and glanced around his surroundings which was at the pool in the Team 10 backyard under the night sky. He looked up and saw Logan sitting right beside him confused. They both had their feet in the water and were chatting it up before Jake zoned out and was being tortured by his thoughts.

"You good bro?" Logan asked Jake.

"Oh.... yeah. Sorry I was just thinking about something" Jake answered.

"What was it about?"

"Um.... just... what I'm gonna do for the vlog tomorrow".

Logan nodded his head knowing this was a lie. "Jake, I need to ask you something" Logan uttered. That's when Jake's heart started racing.

"What is it?" Jake asked nervously.

"Has Ace talked to you since those goons kidnapped us?"

"Uh-Uh no, why do you ask?"

"Jake, I know you're lying".

"I'm not lying Logan!"

"Yes you are! Jake I've known you since you were born, I know when you're lying!"

"M-Maybe just a couple of times".

"What?! What did he say?! Are you okay?!"

"I'm perfectly fine Logan! He just told me to not hurt you basically".

"Jake, if he hurt you I'll..."

"Don't worry Logan, I'm okay! I promise!"

Jake gave him a playful punch in the arm while smiling. Logan chuckled at this and gave him a playful punch in the arm as well. There was an awkward silence until Logan broke it a minute later. "Jake, if Ace tries to hurt you or forces you into something horrible... DO NOT let him! If he tries to hurt you you need to defend yourself and fight back... even if it means killing me" Logan exclaimed.

That's when Jake's eyes went wide with shock and tears formed in his eyes. "No, I'll never do that Logan! I can handle the pain! What I could never handle is hurting or losing you!" Jake shot back.

"Jake please! I can't stand the thought of me damaging my own brother in some other mindset! I... I couldn't live like that" Logan begged.

"It wouldn't be your fault Logan... I'll be okay" Jake responded.

"Well you never know that. What if the roles were reversed Jake... wouldn't you want me to defend myself?"