three

Yuju started the car engine and drove as fast as she could. When things like this happened no one cared because everyone knew what was happening. It was normal in the world to see someone speeding now. Either someone was dying or someone robbed a bank.

We arrived at home and saw that an ambulance was here before us. Yuju and I tried to get in the house.

"I'm sorry ladies but we must not allow you into this house," a paramedic stopped us.

"Why?" I cried. "My mother's in there! Let me see her!"

Yuju and I tried fighting our way in but got nothing out of it.

"Yuju, there's no use of living anymore!" I shouted at her. "We're all going to die!"

I sat down next to Yuju who was sobbing by the bench near the house. I grabbed my hair in stress and cried with her. Yuju stood up and looked at me. "SinB come with me,"

"T-To where?" I wiped my tears.

"We're breaking into our house," Yuju said.

"For what?" I asked.

Yuju grabbed my wrist and we ran to the back of the house hoping not be seen. "We're going to get in through the back door, grab our stuff and we're moving to Sojung's house."

"Why?" I asked. "Wouldn't it be better off here?"

"No," Yuju said, "it's better of if we stay there. What if we die here after they died? Now don't ask anymore questions. Grab as many of your needs, without getting caught and we'll try and go to Sojung's home, okay?"

I looked at Yuju as if she was crazy. "..okay."

Yuju quietly opened the back door and soon let me in and closed the door. We both ran upstairs and did a quick scan to see if any paramedic was near us. Thankfully no one was up there besides us. I walked to my room and grabbed some of my clothes, mostly hoodies and comfortable clothing. I grabbed photographs and important documents. I put everything into a big backpack and walked over to Yuju, checking to see if she was done.

Soon she finished packing and we quickly ran downstairs.

"There they are!" The paramedics pointed at us and ran. "We told you to not come in here!"

"Run sinb!" Yuju bolted through the door. "Hurry! Into the car!"

Yuju started the engine and drove off. In fifth-teen minutes we were outside of Sojung's house. Yuju sighed, grabbed her backpack and went out of the car as I did the same. I rang the doorbell and waited for Sojung to answer.

A few minutes passed on and soon a girl opened the door. She had an unfamiliar look, one that I actually never seen before.

"I-Is Kim Sojung here?" I asked, "our are we at the wrong house?"

"Oh, Sojung unnie!" the girl shouted across the house, "your friends are here! Here come inside."

"Oh, hey SinB. I saw the new list of people who ya know...died.." Sojung said awkwardly, "I'm so sorry SinB. If there's anything you guys want us to do or anything, there's always us."

Yuju smiled, "I-It's fine but there's a huge favor we want to ask and it's okay if you deny it. Can we live with you guys from now on?"

Sojung looked at both of us then at that girl, "of course! Anything for you guys, if it makes you guys feel better."

"Thanks!" Yuju and I said in unison.

Minutes passed as Sojung brought us to the guest bedroom as we unpacked our things.

"Hey," I said, "who was that girl who answered the door? I haven't seen her at the school or ever."

"Oh, she's my cousin," Sojung explained, "she's visiting for the break. Her name is Jung Yerin and she's older than you. Why, you find her cute?"

"Yeah, kinda."

-

published : January 15, 2019