thirtyone

"He's in love with me?" Sinb said, "but how does he even know who I am?"

"He watched the world and somehow he found you," Umji explained.

SinB put her arms around Yerin, "I wont leave you," she whispered.

The five girls sat near the tombstone and continued talking about Barashi and random off topic things.

"Asher, are you sure we're taking the right turn?" Levi asked.

"Yes," Asher said in his French accent, "it says here  'The Rose Prince lives in a palace hidden behind society'"

"I see a castle," Youngsoo pointed.

"Park here, Park here," Asher commanded.

Levi did what Asher said the three got out of the car. They looked at a beautiful white palace that stared them back. The beautiful red rose gardens shined as they bowed down the palace.

"Woah," Youngsoo said, "this is the palace."

"Who are you?"

The three boys looked in front of them and saw a tall man with a white button up, "uhh...we're tourists."

The man smiled, "well let me give you a tour of the palace."

Asher smiled, "thank you."

"I'm Nakamoto by the way," the man introduced himself, "I am the prince's assistant and I have working here my whole life."

"You're whole life?" Youngsoo was shocked, "I-I can't even stay at a part time job for too long."

Levi looked at his two friends then Nakamoto, "look. We only came here to know the truth."

"The truth?" Nakamoto asked, "what's the truth?"

Levi groaned, "don't play dumb with us you should know."

"But I don't," Nakamoto said, "I wish I knew the truth."

"Don't lie to us,"

"I'm not,"

Levi was frustrated, "you wanna go?"

"Go where?" Nakamoto teased.

Levi grabbed his fist and threw it at Nakamoto but it didn't hit him. His fist went through Nakamoto.

"What the fuck?" Levi said, "a-are you dead?"

"Ever since the original sir Barashi was alive, I've been dead." Nakamoto explained, "I've been dead for over 500 years."

Youngsoo looked at the ground then in front of him, "so does that mean the palace is not real and we're just hallucinating?"

Nakamoto looked at Youngsoo, "no. Only the workers are dead, the palace and everything surrounding it alive. And our prince is alive."

Nakamoto noticed how the boys were getting angry with him for not explaining many things, "do you have a place to sleep for tonight?"

"No," Asher said.

"We have some extra rooms, if you would like to stay here." Nakamoto offered.

"Thank you," Levi said, "we'll take it."

Nakamoto bowed and the rest followed, "follow me I'll take you there. Any luggage in the car?"

"Uh yeah," Youngsoo said.

Three workers were immediately called over to take the luggage as they all followed Nakamoto to their rooms.

"Here," Nakamoto opened the door, "you may stay here as long as you like. We will provide with meals and anything you ask. You may explore the palace and garden area. We have no rules here expect..you may not touch any of the roses!"

"Why?" Levi asked.

"Do you want to die?"

It was 5:00pm and dinner time was coming. The five girls were back at the palace resting in their rooms until dinner was called. The five girls headed down towards the dining room. They were met with three other guys, two foreigners and a korean.

"Well that's new," Umji said. She ignored the guests and went straight towards the kitchen where Nakamoto was, "Who are those guys?"

"I have no idea, they found the palace," Nakamoto explained.

The two stepped out of the room and back to the dining area. "Sir Barashi will not be joining us for dinner today," Umji said, "so let's eat now."

All nine people started eating as there was no tomorrow. Soon the dark had taken over and they were all asleep.

SinB's arm was over her lover's as she heard sobbing which had woken her up. She got up and looked at Yerin who was sobbing. She hugged the girl, "why are you crying?"

Yerin turned towards her, "I'm gonna die."

"What do you mean?" SinB said.

"Do you not remember what Umji said?" Yerin cried, "I'm gonna die! He wants me dead!"

SinB held Yerin tighter, "I won't make it happen. I'll keep you alive."

"How?" Yerin said, "you don't have any magic powers like him."

"But if he's madly in love with me I could get what I want," SinB said, "unless he can hear me right now."

Yerin hugged SinB, "I love you so much, I don't want to leave you. I want you by my side forever. I wanted to marry you SinB, but I'll never get that chance! We'll be dead! Dead, SinB!"

SinB thought to herself, she wanted Yerin to be by her side forever as well. SinB looked at the older, "yerin,"

"Hmm?"

"I love you so much too. And I never want anything to happen between us. I want us to grow old together and be happy together." SinB strokes Yerin's hair.

Yerin kissed SinB. The two cuddled each other as the cold windy breeze stormed in the room but that didn't keep the two from loving each other. Yerin has gotten quiet.

"Yerin?" SinB said.

"Yeah," she answered.

"Will you marry me?"

2019.07.21