thirteen

It was the next morning as I woke up to Yuju making everyone breakfast. I quickly got dressed and went downstairs to join the others. Today was Eunha's day to take care of Jaein as the rest of us went to school.

"So if the nurse died yesterday," Sojung said, "when are they going to get a new one?"

"Im pretty sure it has to be really soon because of death rates," I say, "I'll bet they'll find one in a couple days."

"Alright, bet." Sojung says, "I say they have one today."

We arrived at school as we went our separate ways as yerin followed behind me. As we stepped room into the classroom, students were talking about the nurse. I sat down as I began listening in to people's conversations.

"There's a new nurse,"

"I heard someone say she got in the school a couple of hours ago,"

"She looks hella old,"

"I'm pretty sure she's not korean,"

"Have you seen her purple eyes?"

"Purple eyes?" I mumbled to myself, "that can't be possible. How can a grandma put in eye contacts."

Class began as we payed attention and eventually answered some random questions.

Our classes carried on as lunch began. Sojung and Yerin were walking in the hallways as I noticed a small old woman with long black hair following behind them. Being concerned I joined the two and walked with them to the cafeteria.

I nudged sojung's arm, "have you noticed that lady following you?"

"Yeah," Sojung answers, "she immediately looked at me when I got into my first classroom."

"I think she's the new nurse," Yerin joins in.

"I win," Sojung says with a cocky smile.

I simply roll my eyes as we continue walking. As we sat down to join Yuju, the lady walks up the podium with the principal.

"Students," the principal says getting our attention, "as we all are aware of, Nurse Yoo Hyein was pronounced dead yesterday. Luckily today we were able to find a new nurse. This is Miss Murasakino. Now she is a foreigner so it might be hard for us to understand what she is saying and vice versa but she will be able to help us."

Everyone clapped as the speech ended as we ate our lunch.

"She looks sketchy," I say.

"Yeah," Yuju agrees, "have you seen her eyes? They creep me the fuck out."

"No," I say, "what's wrong with them?"

"Their purple!" Yuju says, "and they're not contacts, I saw students asking if they were and she literally touched her eyeball as proof they weren't."

"That's fucking disgusting," Sojung said.

"I'm trying to eat here," Yerin says.

Yuju giggles," haha sorry."

"Purple eyes and long black hair."

"I'm watching you"

"Holy fuck,"

2019.03.10