Chapter 4

At the Gupta house, everyone was laughing and enjoying themselves while waiting for Arnav and Aakash to join them.

Anjali getting restless and angry at both of her brother's decides to call Arnav one more time as to find out how long they will be. As soon as she dials the number, both Aakash and Arnav step into the Gupta household.

Anjali sees them and breathes in a sigh of relief as does Nani and Mami. Garima turns around and sees both of the boys standing at the doorstep; she immediately gets up from her chair and says, "Areh bitwa why are you two standing there, please come in." She smiles and gestures with her hand.

Aakash and Arnav both look at each other and enter the house. They make their way to sit down on the chairs that are placed.

Arnav looks at the Garima and Shashi and says, "I am sorry that we are late. The meeting took a lot more time than we anticipated."

Garima shakes her head and says, "Koi baat nahin, I know that work is important." Shashi too smiles and tell them not worry about it.

Finally, Nani introduces Aakash and Arnav to the Gupta's and tells them all about them. Garima still keep a watch out at the door wondering where her youngest is and starts to get worried.

Anjali noticing the tension on her face says, "Garima aunty you are still worried about Khushi?"

Garima looks towards Anjali's direction and nods. Anjali smiles and says, "Why don't you give her another call?"

Shashi too nods and takes his phone out to make the call again when they see Khushi walk in.

Upon seeing her all messed up with mud splattered all over her clothes and hair their jaws drop.

Buaji slaps her forehead and says, "Hai re Nandkishore, eh parameshwari yeh kya huliya bana keh rakha hai?"

Khushi sees her mother, father, Nani and Anjali staring at her with jaws dropped. She still had the box of mithai in her hand and says, "Nothing Buaji I just had an encounter with the Laad Governor who thought of himself as the high and mighty."

Instantly recognizing her voice Arnav tilts his head sideways, sees the same rude and obnoxious girl that he had not so pleasure of talking to earlier.

Khushi steps in a bit and sees the Raizada's sitting around her living room and gives them an apologetic look. She finally sees Aakash sitting there with a smile on his face and then she sees the Prince of Darkness the great ASR. She could not believe her eyes and blinks rapidly and prays, "Hey Devi Maiyya please tell me I am dreaming and not really seeing this Laad Governor sitting there.

Arnav on the other end had a serious and mean look on his face. He kept on glaring at her with intensity as the saying goes if looks could kill then Khushi Kumari Gupta would be dead by his glare.

Garima walks up to her daughter and says, "Go inside and clean up."

Khushi nods her head and whispers to her mother, "Please tell me that it is not one of this guys that have come to ask for the hand for Jiji?"

Garima nods her head and says, "Yes bitiya it is and now they are just waiting for Payal to come out." She pushes her towards the bedroom and turns around with a smile on her face.

Shashi apologizes on behalf of his daughter and says, "I am really sorry for all this."

Aakash smiles and says, "Uncle ji it is okay, we already had the pleasure of meeting your daughter earlier."

Everyone gives a surprised look at Aakash and wonder how they met. Aakash understanding the quizzical looks tells them of how they met Khushi.

Arnav did not look one bit interested in hearing about the incident again and hoped that this whole thing that they came here to do would just get done.