Part 7

Day 2

It was a bright sunny morning in Delhi. Khushi had just woken up a slumber sleep with a smile on her face and all of a sudden it faltered on her face as she remembered last night. She had made a promise to the stupid Laad Governor that in the future he will be allowed to make decision on what and how her wedding theme would be. She sits on the bed in upright position, with both of her hands in folded together praying to her Devi Maiyya that he does not pick a theme that would be hideous. Payal had just come out of the bathroom noticed her younger sibling praying with folded hands and eyes closed. She walks up to her and taps her shoulder to get her out of her deep thinking, "Khushi what are you asking your Devi Maiyya in such concentration?" Khushi hearing her sisters voice snaps her eyes open, drops her folded hands on her lap, "Nothing much Jiji, just that your engagement goes smoothly and that you have a wonderful married life." Payal with a tender smile nods her head and walks over to the dresser to comb her hair, while Khushi also mumbles, "And also to give brain to that Prince of Darkness as to not ruin my future wedding." Payal hearing her mumble something, turns around and asks, "Did you say something?" Khushi shakes her head in a no and smiles at her sister. Payal shrugs her shoulders, turns back around to comb her hair and tells her to go take a shower.

Downstairs Nani, Anjali and Mami were setting up everything for the morning aarti. Nani turns around and says; "Anjali bitiya today is the first time that Payal bitiya is here with us to perform the morning aarti. It is good na." Anjali who was busy setting up the thaali for the aarti nods her head in agreement with a gentle smile tugging on her lips. Mami was beaming with happiness that her Aakash's soon to be wife will performing the aarti. Anjali walks up to both her Nani and Mami and says, "It is also Khushi's first day, granted that she is yet to become the bahu of this house, but nonetheless it is good." Nani and Mami both with a smile nod their heads. As on cue, both sisters descent down the stairs with a smile on their faces. They take blessings from Nani and Mami and hug Anjali. Nani tells Payal that she will perform the aarti today along with Khushi. Anjali hands the thaali over to Payal with a smile on her lips and Payal extends her hand to accept it. Both sisters move closer to the mandir to start the morning aarti with a gracious smile on their lips.

Aakash and his father enter the living room while the aarti was going and smile at the sight they saw. Aakash was beaming with happiness that his Payal dressed in simple salwar suit looked breath taking was performing the aarti. After the aarti, Khushi gives everyone the aarti so they can take their blessing. When she comes to Mama ji she takes his blessing as does Payal. Khushi looks around to see if the great ASR was present, but her eyes could not spot him. Aakash smiles and says, "Bhai does not believe in god Khushi." She whips her head around with shock that what kind of person does not believe in the sanctity of god. Anjali with a sad smile also says, "Ha Khushi chote does not believe in god or any rituals. In fact he does not even believe the sacred bond of marriage." Khushi was utter shocked to hear that, but then again why would he. He himself thinks as god. She shakes her head off to not think about him and spoil rest of her day. They all move towards the dining room for breakfast. "Where is chote? He should have been down by now for breakfast." Anjali says as she looks at Aakash waiting for an answer. He shrugs his shoulders as to answer that he has no idea, when HP comes out of the kitchen with food in his hand and answers Anjali, "Woh Arnav Bhai bahut jaldi utt gaye thay aaj. Woh kabh ka kaam pe chale gaye." Anjali shakes her head and asks whether he took breakfast to which HP nods his head that he indeed did have his breakfast. Anjali thinks to herself that all he does is work and not take any rest. She goes back to eating her breakfast and asks everyone what their plans are for the day. Anjali looks at Khushi and says, "Khushi don't forget that you have to go and make the final decision regarding the decorations for the engagement." Khushi nods her head in understanding, "Ji Di I know. I will go and handle that today."