0.5

!all flashbacks will be in third person!
i'm not the best at writing in third person, so i'm hoping you'll bear with me for a bit because it will improve as the chapters go on
also, not all flashbacks will be in order, one might be from 2012 and the next one could be 2015, and then the following be 2013. don't be alarmed, they'll be all over the place so you can see the differences in their relationship/friendship
let me know how you like it :)
enjoy <3

Back to the Beginning | 0.5 |
| Thursday: December 22nd, 2011 |

Ross' eyes drift away from the TV and land on Laura just as she cracks a smile at the movie. Tonight, they were watching Footloose, the one that just came out some months ago with Ross' cousin Julianne as Ariel Moore. Every year they have this tradition where they pick a movie that comes out within the year and both don't watch it until Ross comes back to Littleton for Christmas. Footloose was this year's movie of choice. He keeps his gaze on her lips for a moment before gently tapping the spot on her leg that he was just rubbing his fingers on a second ago. Lazily, Laura turns her head towards Ross.

"Yeah?" She asks quietly. It was only eight o'clock, but Laura being the early bird she is, is pretty exhausted already. Her parents left an hour ago to go to dinner in Denver and left the two of them home for the night, which is something that her parents have done for a few years now. They weren't expected to be home until around ten or eleven o'clock. He remembers Laura's dance that she just went to a week ago with some guy in her grade. She got her first kiss that night, right outside her front door after he had dropped her off.

"Do you think you're a good kisser?" He asks. Laura rolls her eyes at him.

"Ross, I literally just had my first kiss last week. I'm sure I was horrible considering he hasn't kissed me since." She tells him.

"Do you want him to kiss you again?" He asks. She wrinkles her eyebrows at that. Do I want to kiss him again? She thought.

"I don't know." She shrugs. "I wouldn't be upset if we never kissed again." She adds.

"Was he a good kisser?" He asks.

"Gosh, Ross. What is with all the questions?" She asks with a small laugh.

"Was he?" He completely ignores her.

"Dude, I don't know! He's the only guy I've ever kissed." She tells him. "It was nice, yeah. But like I said, I wouldn't be upset if we never kissed again. I wasn't too impressed with it anyway. Everyone hyped up your first kiss to be magical... it definitely wasn't magical." Laura explains.

"I bet you a hundred dollars I'm a better kisser than him." He says with confidence. Laura couldn't help but laugh at that. She sticks out her hand.

"Pay up, Rossy." She wiggles her fingers at him. He gives her a high five instead, accompanied with an eye roll.

"No, bug. You pay up." Bug. He's been calling her that nickname since the first day they met in preschool. Well, actually it was buggy. He had a really hard time pronouncing Laura for the longest time, so she was addressed as buggy or bug until he could correctly say, Laura. Now, it's just a habit to call her that.

"I haven't ever kissed you, how do I even know you're a good kisser?" She asks him.

"Kiss me and find out." He immediately replies. She shakes her head.