5.0

just need to clarify a few things :)

1. if you're confused as to why this isn't a flashback, read the ending of the last chapter for clarification :)
2. also, i had written something in the last chapter about ross and courtney's relationship and i wanted to clear up that ross NEVER cheated on court. ross and laura had stopped whatever friends with benefits relationship they had when ross was with courtney. no one is a cheater :)
3. i noticed a comment or two (they have been deleted) containing negative words towards jaz. any negativity will be deleted as soon as i see it. it's 2019, spread positivity. jaz will be in this book, will be the good person that she is, and will have friendships with everybody in this story. if you do not like that, then i suggest you stop reading now. if i continue to see the same people spreading hate, i will gladly block you :)
last thing... this chapter is ALL OVER THE PLACE and probably confusing as heck to follow, but i needed to be done with it 😂 so there ya have it folks, yet another shitty chapter written by yours truly!!!!

Back to the Beginning | 5.0 |
| Laura Marano |

| Tuesday: January 29th, 2019 |

"Your brothers FaceTiming me." I say as I swallow my mouthful of green tea pancakes. Rydel rolls her eyes and snatched my phone off the table, answering the FaceTime call herself. I didn't feel like putting up a fight, so I use my fork to cut off another piece of pancake.

"Hm, you're not the face I was looking for." Ross says. Rydel keeps her unamused look on her face.

"You're hogging her, Ross." I hold back a laugh.

"How? You've had her the past two nights."

"The constant texting is annoying. You two hung out for hours yesterday." She tells him.

"Because you had a meeting." He replies. "And this isn't constant texting. We text this much everyday." Now Rydel scrunches up her nose. "Laura!" He shouts, causing Rydel to flinch and me to jump a few inches off of my seat. After a moment, I reach for my phone.

"Jesus, Ross. I was right across from her." I tell him. He gives me a smile. "What's up?" I ask.

"Good morning." He simply says. I raise my eyebrows.

"What do you want." I say flatly, knowing his unusually cheery smile only met one thing. As young kids, it meant that I was about to do his chore load for the week while he played Xbox with his brothers and online friends. What did I get out of being such a nice friend? His dessert for the next three nights. Looking back on it, it definitely wasn't worth it. Being a nice person sucks sometimes.

"Would you be up for going out to a late lunch with me and Gavin today?" He asks. "Gav's in town for a bit and wanted to get together. Figured I'd ask you to go along so maybe you could get to know him. That way when you come up in August you'll know more people than just me and Jaz." He explains.

"Ross, you don't need to explain yourself. You could have left it at getting lunch." I tell him. He relaxes a bit at my words.

"So you'll come?" He asks.

"Yeah, of course. It sounds fun." I met Gavin back at the premiere party they had in October, but it was a brief hello, nice to meet you type conversation we had before he got shooed off for more pictures with the cast.