8.0

Back to the Beginning | 8.0 |
| Laura Marano |

| Monday: February 25th, 2019 |

"Happy one year to your baby!" I cheer as I walk into Rydel's bedroom. She was laying in bed on her phone, her sleeping mask on her forehead. She must have just gotten up. She looks up from her phone and smiles at me.

"Thank you!" I climb onto the other side of her bed, letting out a content sigh as I lay back on her pillows and look at her phone. She was scrolling through her Instagram; most of them being a congrats on Rydel being a year old today. "I posted a huge thank you minutes ago and I'm getting tagged in so many photos. People whipped up such cute edits already." She clicks on a photo to show me.

"Your fans are extremely dedicated." I comment with a smile. "It's a big accomplishment. I'm proud of you for doing something you love." Rydel scrunches up her face and awes, right before I smack a kiss on her dimpled cheek.

"You're the sweetest aaaand I love you so much!" For a few moments, the two of us lay in silence as she scrolls through her tagged posts, liking all of them as she goes. Ross FaceTimed me when were for deeper into her photos. I lazily hold my phone up, letting Ross get the worst angle of me as our call connected. He looked all cute when we connected; his hair all over the place, his eyes half opened, and his shirtless chest in view.

"Good morning." He says, giving me his lazy smile. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Good morning." I reply. The last few days have been whack. I've been spending so much time with Ross, Rocky, and Gordy because of my new job, and being around Ross that much... let's just say I feel like I'm sixteen all over again. I'm trying to blame these new feelings on my hormones being out of control since I haven't fooled around with a boy in a year (since Cabo with Ross), but I have a feeling it's more than just my hormones. I'm waiting awhile to make sure I'm certain on what is going on, whether I'm hormonal and need to get laid or I'm starting to like my best friend again, either way I'm going to need to tell him what's up. If my newfound feelings turn out to be a crush, I will not be perusing them because of Jaz. I've already made up my mind about that and it is definitely never going to come to that. I am not the kind of girl who would break up a perfectly good relationship just so she should have the guy. "Why'd you call?" I ask. Rydel pokes her face in frame.

"Happy one year to your clothing line." He tells his sister.

"Thanks, man." She replies with a smile. "Is Jaz going to come to dinner tonight? I'm trying to get a head count now so I can call the restaurant with an accurate number." I couldn't help the slight fall of my smile at her words. I knew there was a chance of her coming, she spent the night last night which is why I chose to stay with Rydel instead of Ross. I took his car again, he was a little pissed. More so about me not staying over than the car.

"Yeah. She might have to leave early, though." Jaz appears in the shot.

"I will definitely be there. I have a friends house warming party tonight, but they're cool with me coming late." Rydel gives her a smile.

"Sweet! Make sure you wear something from Rydel. What are you wearing, Ross?" Rydel asks.

"Yellow jumper. She's gonna wear my pink one." Ross says. "What are you wearing, buggy?" I raise my eyebrows and puff out a breath.