12.5

Back to the Beginning | 12.5 |
| Friday: December 29th, 2017 |

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear, Ross." Laura gently presses her lips against his for a second. "Happy birthday to you." She whispers, pushing some of his hair off his forehead. He gives her a sleepy smile, his eyes still closed. "Good morning, birthday boy."

"You already sang me happy birthday last night." He tells her. As soon as it hit midnight (they were all already partying with the family) Laura started the happy birthday song, everyone joining in while Rocky poured shots for everybody. They partied until at least three in the morning, then everybody headed to their own rooms. They had a few things planned for Ross' birthday and didn't want to be too tired for the days activities.

"It's your special day, I'm going to sing it to you every chance I get." She presses her lips against his again.

"If I get a kiss after every time then I'm down for that." He mumbles, pulling her back in for another kiss. After a minute, she pushes on his chest and gets out of bed, not caring about her nakedness. With a smile on his face, he watches her grab a gift bag from her suitcase. On her way back to bed, she finds Ross' shirt that she took off him last night and throws it on herself. "How many gifts did you get me?" He asks, sitting up so his back could rest against the headboard of the bed. He keeps the sheets covering his lap as she sits down beside him, holding the bag close to her chest.

"Three." She tells him with a smile. He raises his eyebrows.

"Really?" He asks. "Is buggy stepping up her birthday game?" He asks. Because of his birthday being so close to Christmas (and the lack of money she has from being a college student) she usually only gets him one birthday present; their traditional journal they give each other every year. This time around she had a little bit of extra cash laying around from working more shifts at her moms theater, so she decided to try and even out the amount of gifts she gives to him on Christmas and on his birthday.

"Hey, I wasn't able to go all out on your twenty first, a year late is better than nothing." She tells him.

"You know I don't care about how much presents I get from you, buggy. Just the one is good." She gives him a smile as she pulls out the gift he's talking about. She wrapped it neatly in the paper bag style wrapping paper, light yellow ribbon around it. He silently takes it and begins to take the ribbon off before ripping the wrapping paper. The journal she got him was honestly quite plain, just a light brown (fake leather) journal that looks a little worn out. It had no words or anything on the front, but it had a black string that's attached so you can mark your spot in the journal.

"Thank you." He says, looking up at her. She already had her hand in the bag, gripping the second present. This one was small. Ross sets the journal down in his lap and reaches his hand out. Laura hands him the small box, big enough to only supply some sort of jewelry. He opens the lid and smiles wide.

"Do you like it?" She asks. It was a new ring. She saw it a couple months ago when she was walking around Denver with her roommate and knew it was Ross' style. It was a gold band with a a pressed circle, reminding her of the old stamps they would put on envelopes in the olden days, and if had a cross in it. Ross wasn't insanely religious, if not at all, but he does wear a cross necklace almost everyday and he likes the looks of them, so she had to get it for him.

"This is sick." He says, taking the ring out of the box. He slips it on his pointer finger on his right hand. He had a shit ton of other rings waiting for him to put on that's in the bathroom (he usually takes his rings off at night) and he never had one on his pointer finger on his right hand. Now he does. "Thank you, buggy." He was going to lean in and kiss her cheek, but she quickly handed him the last present. It wasn't anything special, if anything the ring was immensely more special, but to her this last gift was her favorite. "A picture frame?" Ross asks, feeling the wrapped present.

"Open it." She whispers. He tears the wrapping paper off. It was a picture of the two of them at Ross' 4th birthday party, the first ever birthday they spent together as friends. This is their 18th year celebrating their birthdays together, whether in person or via FaceTime, it's been that long. In the picture, they were standing side by side, Ross' arm wrapped around her shoulders and a brand new toy airplane (a wood one that he can paint and already had rolling wheels on it) in his other hand that he was holding up beside his face. Laura had told her mom that for Ross' birthday she wanted to buy him an airplane that he could make his own so the mean girl who took his airplane the first day of school would know it's his and not hers. So Ellen took her to the craft store and they bought paint, paint brushes, and the wooden airplane for him.

"Where'd you get this picture?" Ross asks, smiling down at their younger selves. She knew Ross had no pictures in his room whatsoever, and a week ago her and her mom were going through old pictures and Laura came across this one. She knew it had to be a birthday present for him.

"I found it in a box a week ago." She tells him. "Thought you could put it in your room, you don't have photos in there."

"Bitchy Jenny never took my airplane again after this." He mumbles, still staring at the picture. Laura couldn't help but laugh. "Bug, you have definitely outdone yourself this year." He tells her, putting his journal and picture frame down on the nightstand. "So much so that you're getting the good lovin' before noon." Before she could reply, Ross pushes her down onto her back, pinning her to the bed.

"We have the good lovin before noon all the time, it's nothing special, Ross." She tells him, a big smile on her face. He grins down at her.

"But we haven't had the good lovin before noon in over two years." She furrows her eyebrows at his words.

"We had the good lovin' before noon the second day you got to Colorado last week. That was the first time we had the good lovin before noon in two years." He rolls his eyes.

"Buggy, just shut up and let me give you the good lovin'." She shuts her mouth, her smile turning slightly shy.

• really short i know (oops) but i just wanted a quick and cute flashback. hopefully this wasn't complete trash ahaha. don't forget to vote, comment something sweet and follow me! love you, babes <3 •

 don't forget to vote, comment something sweet and follow me! love you, babes <3 •

p.s. how cute is our little rossy???

- love you all to the moon and back <3