1.5

do you guys have any cute ideas for the flashbacks? taking requests! i want you guys to be apart of the story and helping me out with flashback ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Back to the Beginning | 1.5 |
| Friday: December 20th, 2013 |

"Alright, we're heading out." Laura's mom, Ellen says. Ross and Laura are by the back door, pulling on snow pants over their sweats. "Please don't get too much snow in the house. Lay all your stuff out over the dining room chairs and put your boots in the garage." She explains. "I don't want a wet mess when we get back."

"Mom, we're adults." Laura starts, but she quickly bites her lip and sucks in a breath. She turns to Ross. "Well, almost." Ross rolls his eyes.

"Nine days, Laura. Nine fucking days." Ellen gives Ross a stare. "Come on Ellen, I'm an adult! You can't keep giving me a glare every time I cuss." He mumbles.

"Like you said, you've got nine days. Once those nine days are up I'll stop giving you the glare." Ellen tells him. The whole time Laura's holding back a laugh, which earns her an elbow in the side from Ross. "Seriously, don't get too much snow inside. We should be back in a couple hours." Damiano, Laura's dad, peaks his head in from the garage door.

"Honey, the cars warmed up enough, I don't want to be late for our reservation." Ellen gives Ross and Laura a smile before turning around and walking to her husband.

"Love you both. Text us if you need anything or walk across the street to the Crone's." Ellen tells them.

"Love you, too." Ross and Laura reply at the same time. The two of them quickly pull on their winter jackets, beanies, and their snow boots.

"You know, your ass actually looks good in snow pants. In fact, you're pretty cute in marshmallow form." Laura turns her head to look up at him. Over the last year, Ross' height has skyrocketed. Now, instead of the top of her head stopping at his nose, it stops even with his shoulder. She actually has to look up to see him. It reminds her of how little they get to see each other, even if they spent a few weeks together over the summer. It's just not the same. And now, Ross has to leave the day after his birthday because R5 has a show in Pennsylvania for New Year's Eve. She's spent a month out in California every summer to be with them, but this year was different. Not to mention, she usually flies down for spring break too, but they started touring sooner than her spring break so that was also another trip she missed this year. "What are you thinkin' about, buggy?" He asks, stepping closer to her and lightly tracing his fingertips down the side of her face.

"How it makes me sad that we never get to see each other." She says, leaning into his hand. "I know I stayed with you guys for month over the summer, but I didn't get to spend spring break with you." She adds. Despite Laura's eyes being closed, she could sense the frown on his lips and the wrinkle in between his eyebrows as he looks at her. "Don't get me wrong," She opens her eyes back up, yup, definitely has a frown and the cute little wrinkle in between his eyebrows, she thought. "I'm so insanely proud of you, Ross. So so so proud of you and the band, you've done amazing things, Ross, but it seriously sucks how little we get to see each other." It doesn't help when you're about to tour for months on end next year. Ross finally lets out a sigh and throws his head back a bit.

"I've already told you how to fix that," Ross says. "You're graduating in six months, bug. Tour with us in the fall." Laura shakes her head.