14.0

Back to the Beginning | 14.0 |
| Laura Marano |

| Wednesday: March 20th, 2019 |

"Thank you for picking us up." Rocky says, climbing into the backseat of my car. I give him a smile through the rear view mirror, waiting for Ross to set his stuff in the trunk.

"Of course." I reply. Their whole family and my parents were already over at the cabin as of three days ago, but I've stayed back at my parents' house to try and sort some of my things out. A lot of my stuff is still in boxes, so moving that to L.A. won't be a pain, but some of the things never got put into boxes because the move from my apartment was twenty minutes, not a fifteen hour drive like L.A. is going to be.

"Did you finish packing up all your shit?" Ross asks me
once he's seated in the passenger seat.

"Almost." I turn the car back on. "I just have a few more things I want to go through."

"Are you going to move after I leave for Vancouver? Or before?" I turn my head to look at him.

"After." I reply. He stares at me for a second, a small smile growing on his face as he nods his head, clearly understanding my reasoning for waiting until he's already in Vancouver to move. I want to spend as much time with you as possible.

"How long are we staying at the cabin for?" Rocky asks.

"Pretty sure we're leaving the twenty third. The G's wanna go into Denver and eat at some of their favorite restaurants. And so the B's can be with them. Shae didn't let them skip school." I actually took all three of them out to an early dinner yesterday before Beauty's ballet class later that night.

"Typical." Rocky mumbles, knowing exactly how their aunt rolls with education priories.

"Hey, wanna go put on a jacket and take a walk?" Ross asks me, gently placing a hand on my shoulder

"Hey, wanna go put on a jacket and take a walk?" Ross asks me, gently placing a hand on my shoulder. Furrowing my eyebrows, I turn my heads towards him.

"Ross, it's going to get dark soon and we're in the freaking mountains." I tell him. He squeezes my shoulder.

"Buggy, the sun doesn't set for at least another hour, we're going to be fine." He gives me his pleading eyes. With a sigh, I scoot my chair out, giving Beauty a small smile.

"Sorry, B. Your cousin is being demanding. We'll finish this later." I hug her head into my side as I stand up. Shae looks at Ross and I.

"Don't be out past dark, you hear me?" She says, pointing at us.

"Shae, we're twenty three years old, we can handle the dark." She playfully rolls her eyes at her nephew. His smile widens. "But we'll be back before dark." I leave them be to go grab a thick coat. I meet Ross by the front door, where he immediately grabs my hand and leads the way down the front steps.