10.0

Back to the Beginning | 10.0 |
| Laura Marano |

| Wednesday: March 6th, 2019 |

"We leave for tour in six days! I'm so excited!" I look up fromy laptop, push my glasses up, and stare at an overly excited Rydel. Way too excited for it being seven in the morning. "Have you started packing yet?" She asks, sitting beside me on the couch.

"Yup." I reply dryly.

"Dude, stop being all mopey. It hasn't even been a week, Laura. I'm sure Ross will come around and apologize." I roll my eyes. Things haven't been very easy the last week. I ended up canceling my date with David, even deleting his number from my phone and erasing all our messages. I haven't spoken to Ross unless it was work related, and I've only been to his house once in the last week, for work only. Ross Shor Lynch has messed with my head way too much lately.

"Hmm." I hum, not really believing it. I go back to looking at jobs in Colorado. There were a few jobs I was interested in, but I didn't really feel like I was going to apply. "Rydel, can I talk to you about something?" I ask, shutting my laptop.

"Anything."

"I don't want to go back to Colorado." Her eyes widen.

"You want to move out here?" She questions.

"That depends on one thing..." A smile creeps onto my face. "Are you looking for a more permanent roommate?" The biggest smile I have ever seen appears on her face.

"Dude, for you, anything is always open." I scoot closer to her and wrap my arms around her.

"I promise to start paying for rent. Probably not as much as I should, but I'll gradually build up to it when I can." She shakes her head into my shoulder.

"You don't need to worry about rent, Laura." I pull away from her.

"If I'm going to live here permanently, I want to help out." She rolls her eyes at me and pulls me back in for a hug.

"Whatever you say, Laura." I chuckle. We pull away after a moment. "When are you going to tell everybody?" She asks.

"Probably after baseball on Sunday. We'll all be together for our annual big lunch at your parents' place. That way it gives me enough time to work up the courage and tell my parents about my plans." Rydel sucks in a breath. "Yeah... I'm definitely not ready for that conversation." She gives me a sympathetic smile.

"You know... I think there's another person you should tell before Sunday." I sigh. "Laura, he's going to be so hurt if you don't tell him before everyone. He's probably already going to be hurt you told me before him." Sadly, she was right. "I don't care how it goes down, but he should know second, or after your parents. Just... it needs to happen before Sunday."

"Yeah, you're probably right." I whisper.

"Okay, I gotta go if I'm going to meet Vanni in time for pilates. You sure you don't want to come?" She asks, standing up from off the couch.

"Go for it, I gotta think of a game plan." Rydel shoots me a thumbs up. "Thank you, Rydel. You've been my lifeline a lot lately." She gives me a smile.

"Anything for my future roomie!" I laugh as she leaves the house. As soon as I hear the front door lock, I grab my phone.

To Ross🤞🏻💛:
I know you don't really want to hear from me, and
trust me, I don't really want to hear from you right now
either, but I wanted to tell you something before I told
everybody else. I just told Rydel, but she sorta made a
point when she told me to tell you before anyone else.
I've decided to move out here. I haven't told my parents.
I'm not sure how that's going to go, but I made up my
mind about this like two weeks ago. LA is where I'm
happy. Despite us suddenly fighting, I've been happier
here than I have been in Denver in ages. You don't
need to respond to this or anything, it was just a letting
you know type thing. I already asked Rydel if I could
permanently move in with her, she obviously said yes.
That's all I got for you. Sorry if I woke you up, I know
it's early