Epilogue <3

i love you guys so much <3
enjoy the last chapter

Back to the Beginning | Epilogue |

| One Year and A Few Months Later |

| Wednesday, July 21st, 2021 |

"Bug..." Ross trails off. Laura drops her phone onto the bed and rubs her eyes. Ross sighs at the view of their bedroom. Not a whole lot has changed in their relationship over the last year. They're still engaged. Unfortunately, their wedding and honeymoon had to take the back burner so The Driver Era could go on their rescheduled world tour and CAOS could shoot their newest part (fuck you, coronavirus). They wanted to enjoy the newly wed bliss and the honeymoon without feeling rushed or stressed, so it made sense to push it back. However, Laura's getting impatient about starting a family. So, she said screw it and let's try to have a baby. Every chance they got on tour they would try.

Unfortunately, Laura couldn't go oversees with them because of her other media managing jobs, so they couldn't try at all for over a month. And then five days after Ross got back, he had to go to Vancouver and film. So whenever he managed to score a few days off he'd fly down to California, or vice versa, and they'd try. But here she is, several months of trying later, and still not pregnant. It's literally killing her. Not only is Ross gone, but Rydel is twenty weeks pregnant after trying (seriously trying) for a month, and Laura's living alone in her and Ross' new place.

"Hey, this doesn't mean it's not going to happen." Ross whispers. Seconds ago Laura broke the news of her negative pregnancy tests. "We just need to keep trying. I have a few consecutive days off of filming next week, I can come visit you and we can try again." Whatever he's saying, it doesn't register in her brain. She's at a loss here.

"I just..." She lets out a weak sob. "I want you here, Ross. I want a baby. Every time I see a single line or the words not pregnant, my heart breaks a little more than before. I feel so alone and and and I can't... I can't." Ross feels his own heart break at her cries. "It's too much. I don't know what to do anymore." He holds back his own tears.

"Tell me what I can do to make you feel better." He whispers. "I'm at a loss here, bug. I can't even hold you when you ooo at the tests. I don't know what to do either." She rubs her eyes.

"There's nothing you can do, Ross." She mumbles.

"There has to be something. Can't I mail you some of my sperm and you can shove it up there?" His comment was meant to make her laugh. Somehow it worked and she lets out a watery laugh before picking her phone back up to see his face. His face looked just as sad as hers.

"That's disgusting, Ross." She whispers. "And I don't think that's how it works." He gives her a small smile.

"Buggy, I promise that one day you will be a mom. A damn good one, too. We need to just keep trying. I read that consistency is key, and we don't have that. It sucks and if I could I would change that in a heartbeat." She nods her head in agreement. "I'll fly down next week, okay? We can try multiple times a day for six whole days straight. How's that sound?" She sighs.

"Tiring." She admits. "But I really want a baby."

"I really want a baby, too."