19.0

Back to the Beginning | 19.0 |
| Laura Marano |

| Almost Three Weeks Later; Thursday: May 9th, 2019 |

"I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry." I repeat to myself as I look in the mirror. Ross' flight to Vancouver takes off in a few hours and even though we've been through the whole leaving thing a million times, it doesn't get any easier. Especially now that we're officially dating, it feels a million times worse. Ross peaks his head into the bathroom.

"What are you whispering to yourself in here?" He asks. Just seeing his face makes my eyes tear up. I quickly bring my hands to my face and cover my eyes.

"Nothing." I tell him.

"Dude, we said no crying. Why are you crying?" I shake my head.

"I'm not." He grabs ahold of my wrists and pries my hands off my face. I keep my eyes closed. "See, not crying."

"Open your eyes, buggy." As they open, my vision blues from the tears that were about to escape. "Really? This isn't suppose to be sad."

"But you're leaving me." I whisper. "That's sad. I don't want you to go."

"I can find an open seat for you on Rocky and Ry's flight to France in a couple of weeks." Ross is attending some sort of event in France for a few days. Rocky and Ryland decided to tag along because they have nothing else better to do. He's asked me three times to come with, but with me being in Colorado for two weeks before officially moving into Rydel's, the timing is all off.

"You already know that won't work."

"Then you're just going to have to wait until I fly back to play the Fonda." That wasn't until June 22nd, we'll over a moment away. I pout my lip.

"I've been spoiled way too much by having you for three months straight." I tell him. He gives me a weak smile and
wraps me in a hug. Once I'm in his embrace, I close my eyes, rest my cheek against his chest, and take a deep breath.

"I've been spoiled, too, buggy." My eyes water up again.

"Saying goodbye is going to be tough." I pull my head away to look up at him. "If I cried for over an hour after the last time I left with feelings involved, how the hell do you think I'm going to handle this?" He kisses my forehead.

"Just remember that we aren't going to go six plus months without each other. I'll be back soon and you can always come visit me. Rocky won't care." He tells me. I smile up at him. "Come on, lets go convince Rocky to take us to the airport." He holds his hand out for me to take and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What? I thought it was just me taking you to the airport. Why would we need Rocky, too?" I ask.

"Because I don't want you bawling your eyes out on the drive back. You're already blind enough as it is. Tears pouring out of your eyes is only going to make it worse." I roll my eyes at his blind joke. However, he does make a good point.

"Alright, fine." I take his hand in mine and follow him out of the bedroom and to the garage.