22.0

this chapter takes place two and a half weeks after the last chapter. can't wait for you guys to explode with feels <3 also this is split up into two chapters because having everything for their friendaversary in one chapter was waaayyy too much. part two of this will be out next saturday!

also, on another note... my newest book
'We're Not Friends'
is out! we're almost at 1k reads which is crazy because there is only 1 chapter out! head on over to my profile and give it a read i promise you won't be dissented!

one last thing... please go head on over to lovinraura_ and go read her new book! it's a fantasy (which i thought i wouldn't like buuuuuut i absolutely love it!) and she's done an amazing job with it!  it's called
'The Moon and The Sun' 
please go check it out!

Back to the Beginning | 22.0

| Saturday: August 10th, 2019 |

"Okay, I'm not exactly sure how to film one of these on my own, but we're giving it a go." Laura smiles into her camera. Well, it's actually Rydel's camera, but she's letting Laura barrow it for the day. "Over the past several months, my life has changed a lot. Career wise, location wise, relationship wise, literally everything. Having you guys, dare I call you supporters?, have also helped these changes grow." Ever since putting her social media on public, she's gained over two hundred thousand followers at least. Being is Rydel's YouTube videos have really helped with that. "Today, Ross and I are celebrating twenty years of friendship and because of him being such a big part of my life, and this being a huge milestone in our friendship, I thought I'd film our day together."

"I'm not doing this to... to brag about my life in any way. I'm doing this for me to look back on in so many years and remember what I went through to get to this point. I'm planning on posting this on Instagram because so many of you are curious about my life, my friendship with not only Ross but his entire family, my job, and just things about me." She takes a deep breath and looks around the backyard. Ross and Rocky are in the garage, Ryland's inside making breakfast, and she's outside alone in the background sitting on the green patio couch. "So, with that being said, I had Rydel send me a loooot of questions she's found in her YouTube comments, both our Instagram comments, her family's Instagram comments, and stuff she thinks you guys would want to know. I'll have Ross with me when we go through them and answer them later, but first..." She grabs her gift she made for Ross and holds it up in front of the camera. She has a cute gift bag where she taped an X on the front to represent TDE's album, and yellow tissue paper, black ribbon, and a card.

"We decided that because this is such a huge anniversary, we'd get each other presents. I'm sure you can already tell what I made him, but if you can't tell, this is a scrapbook photo album thingy." She opens to the first page, revealing the first photo of Ross and Laura ever. It was at their preschool, around the third or fourth week of school. They were having "Family BBQ" day and every kid's parents got to attend on a Friday evening. In the photo Ross and Laura are sitting side by side in the grass with apple slices on a paper plate in front of them. They had cheesy smiles on their faces. "This was taken a month into our first year of preschool, which is where we met. Underneath the photo, she wrote September of 1999, Our first picture together as best friends with a heart beside it. "And this..." She flips to the last page of photos, which is a good chunk of the way through the scrapbook. It was actually a photo they took the other day at the beach. Ross has Laura on his back and they're smiling  with the waves crashing in the background. The one beside it was from later that night around the bonfire. She's sitting in his lap, both of them having a freshly made s'mores in their hands. Underneath every photo, she had the month and year they were taken. Some of them she couldn't remember the exact month, so she put the season and the year instead.