13.0

Back to the Beginning | 13 |
| Laura Marano |

| Saturday: March 16th, 2019 |

"Why are you always the first one up?" I look up from my book and smile at Mark. My bunk was a little too cramped to read a book (and the light in there was hurting my eyes) so I came out to the couch in the front of the bus to make myself some tea and read a book. I knew it was early, but I've been getting up at this time every morning.

"Because sleeping in is terrible." I tell him. He gives me a light chuckle. "I fell asleep the second I laid down last night, so I slept good."

"Ross and Rocky didn't keep you up?" My bunk is closest to the back area, along with Mark and Andre's (and a few other crew guys) and Ross and Rocky went back there last night to mess around with music. The first night it kept me up, but I was so tired last night that I didn't hear a single noise.

"Nope. Too tired, I guess." I reply with a shoulder shrug. Rydel walks into the area now, rubbing her eyes lightly and yawning.

"Good morning." She mumbles all sleepily. "Did Rocky and Ross keep you two up?" She asks. "Because I heard them loud and clear and I'm the farthest from them."

"Kept me up, but apparently Laura was extremely tired and slept through it." Mark tells her. She rolls her eyes at me and sits down beside me.

"Good for you." She mumbles. I couldn't help but laugh a little, even getting a small smile out of grumpy Rydel.

"I can go wake up Ross if you want some payback." I tell her, only partly joking. He'd be pissed at me for waking him up this early.

"Like that'll be payback. All you have to do to make up for that is-" I gently nudge her arm and she stops mid sentence. I look over at Mark, who wasn't even focused on our conversation. He was already sitting down at the small table and typing on his laptop. Rydel gives me a slightly apologetic smile. I take another sip of my tea. Rydel then started making tea for herself, some stuff for her throat. After she made herself some, the three of us sat in silence. Some of the crew members woke up and made some quick food before joining us in the living area. When the front area started to get a little more crowded, I gave my tea cup a quick wash and headed to the back of the bus with my book.

"It is too early to be reading, bug." I look up towards the doorway at a sleepy Ross, only in a pair of sweats and rubbing his eyes. He shuts the door behind him and immediately comes by my side, laying down and resting his head in my lap. Chuckling softly, I set my book down on the other side of me and run my fingers through his hair.

"Did someone wake up too early?" I ask softly. He grunts a response. I lean my head down and kiss his temple. "Miss my cuddles?"

"I get you to myself tomorrow night." He mumbles. Tonight after the show we're making the six and a half hour drive to New York City, then check into a hotel for the day/night for the show on the 18th. We both sit silently for a few minutes, the only noise coming from my fingernails every now and then scratching his scalp. Suddenly, he shifts around and looks up at me with a smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning." I whisper, leaning closer to his face and pressing a kiss against his lips.

"You're killing me here, buggy." He mumbles, licking his lips after I pull away. "Kissing you isn't enough." I push his hair off his forehead.