24.0

Back to the Beginning | 24.0 |

| 9 Months Later |

| Saturday: April 18th, 2020 |

"Hey, buggy. Do you want to go get Starbucks and a sandwich or something?" Laura looks up at him from one of the kitchen tables. Ross' hands are sweating. Today... we'll, today is the day he proposes, and although it isn't the way he wanted to, he still think this way will make her happy. With the whole crazy pandemic currently happening, The Driver Era tour got canceled. His original proposal plan to propose was set for April 27th, the night before the Colorado show. He originally wanted to do it in her childhood bedroom (because he knows she wants a proposal somewhere with good memories) but since they're currently quarantined at the cabin he's planning on proposing in the mountains. It isn't a far drive to her parents' house, but he didn't want to make excuses on why everybody was heading to Littleton. A proposal by the frozen lake/pond will have to do.

He's come up with a plan, too. He knows she wants her family there, so he asked them if they could help. Her parents couldn't be quarantined with them because Damiano still has to teach online classes and the wifi they just installed in the cabin doesn't work well, so they are already on their way here and heading straight for the lake
with a few decorations that are for the house afterwards. The Marano's were told to wait by the lake for twenty minutes, then drive to the house to set up the after party, and then all head to the lake. In all honesty, he's nervous. He's not nervous she's going to say no, he's more so nervous about her finding out.

"Yeah, sure. Is anyone else coming?" She asks him. He shakes his head.

"Nah, the guys are in a heated COD match." He tells her.

"Do any of you want to come?" She looks between Vanni, Alex, Mamoo, and Stormie.

"No, I have to film a YouTube video with Mom and Mamoo." Rydel tells her. Alex waves her off. Luckily, Rydel convinced Laura to dress up nice and put on a full face a makeup. Her excuse was wanting cute photos together, so now she's dressed appropriately for a proposal; one of Rydel's dresses that hasn't been released (the Lovely Day Dress that's ivory colored with a black floral pattern on it), black heeled boots, and her hair curled. Ross dressed nicer today, too; blue jeans without holes, a white button up, and a thick black coat on top due to the weather.

"Okay, cool. Are we getting out of the car? Do I need a coat?" He smiles.

"I mean, it's a nice day so I was thinking we could eat at the park at the end of the main road." He tells her.

"Ooo, yes!" She's excited now. They haven't had alone time in awhile due to being here for a couple of weeks and the boys trying to finish up their songs. "Okay, let me go grab my coat." She quickly heads for the stairs. Stormie tried to hold back a squeal.

"Shut up." Ross mumbles, running his fingers through his hair.

"Are you nervous?" Rydel asks. He shrugs his shoulders.

"About her finding out, yeah." She gently shakes her brother. He hears her footsteps.

"Don't make it obvious." He steps away from her. "I'll see you guys later." He heads over to the door where she's putting on boots. "Ready, bug?" He asks, grabbing the keys off the hook. He's taking his dads car. He opens the front door for her, letting her walk out.

"Oh my gosh, we finally get alone time!" She exclaims whole she walks down the steps.

"Are we about to do something dirty today?" He asks with a smirk.