[Mirio] First Date

[This one is short and sweet but I need to show love for Mirio or I'll explode :') feedback is super appreciated ♡]

Word count: 726

In all that he did, Mirio was relentless. Determination was his essence, and it aided him in landing a date with [Y/n].

[Y/n] was the prettiest girl at UA, but she was more than that too. She was brilliant and kind, and at times even humorous. Suitors chased after her for years, but she always turned them down, claiming boyfriends were distractions. This disheartened Mirio, who had pined after her for a very long time, but he figured if he warmed up to her and got her to like him, she'd reconsider. [Y/n] was taken by how he carried himself and saw the world, so she agreed to one date with him, then she'd see how she felt afterwards.

It was the first time Mirio had seen [Y/n] outside of school and he was floored. He thought he couldn't have been more smitten but he was proven wrong when he saw her attire. She was wearing makeup, nothing too dramatic but it did look nice on her. Her maroon long-sleeve was tucked into a black skirt adorned by a belt with chains, and she paired it with charcoal-colored, combat-style boots and black high socks. She was truly the girl of his dreams and he was tripping all over himself around her. He himself was wearing a button-up shirt and jeans with his belt that had a fanged mouth for a buckle as well as combat boots. They complemented each other unintentionally and it showed.

"Shall we?" He offered an elbow and she looped her arm through his with a smile. "Let's go!"

They walked to a festival that was taking place in town. The colorful booths were filled with food and drink as well as jewelry and clothing, and the crowd was nothing but smiling and laughing faces. [Y/n] gazed in awe and Mirio doted on the twinkling lights' reflections in her eyes.

"It's beautiful here, I love it! Thank you for bringing me." [Y/n] said, looking up at her date.
"I was hoping you'd like it." Mirio admitted, suddenly feeling a little sheepish under her stare.
They slowly explored the squared-off area, occasionally pointing a booth out, but mainly getting to know each other. Mirio, being the gentleman he was, bought her orange chicken and rice, and himself an egg roll, and he used his height as an advantage to scout a table they could occupy. He whisked her away to the first available table and she giggled all the way there.

By nightfall, fireworks lit up the sky and the stars glimmered across the canvas above. The couple took to laying on the ground to better witness the spectacle. Mirio's bravery came full force and he slyly went to hold her hand, to which she returned the gesture with a blush dusting her cheeks in the process. It sure was awkward, as young love is. He scooted closer to her and she took that as motive to be equally confident and laid her head on his shoulder. The two didn't exchange any words but just silently enjoyed one another's company and gazed at the crackling lightshow.

After a while, the show came to a close and everyone began to depart slowly. Mirio and [Y/n] were both reluctant to leave, but Mirio knew he had to bring her home soon and safe to get on her parents' good side.

They walked along the desolate sidewalk, quietly talking about their childhood, friends, home life. Eventually, they reached their destination and Mirio drew his remaining courage to give her a quick peck on the cheek. [Y/n] let out a noise of surprise and they both stood for a moment, faces flushed. "Goodnight. I'll, uh, see you tomorrow?" Mirio finally said and [Y/n] simply nodded eagerly, at a loss for words.

Little did she know that when he said tomorrow, he meant as early as possible. He was just outside her front yard, beaming face and all. She chuckled to herself when she caught sight of him from her window and he just grinned bigger.

That marked the beginning of their relationship, just barely a blossoming bud, soon to grow beautiful and strong.